Version before 4.3

jarsh0322

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I could use a little help I am trying to figure out what the version of android was before 4.3 on Sprint Galaxyy S3. I think it was 4.2.2. I am trying to go back from 4.3 after installing CNexus's 4.3 all in one. Also does anyone know where I can get the flashable or tar file for 4.2.2( or whatever version was before 4.3)

Thanks for all help!!!

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I could use a little help I am trying to figure out what the version of android was before 4.3 on Sprint Galaxyy S3. I think it was 4.2.2. I am trying to go back from 4.3 after installing CNexus's 4.3 all in one. Also does anyone know where I can get the flashable or tar file for 4.2.2( or whatever version was before 4.3)

Thanks for all help!!!

It was 4.1.2, did you accept the OTA to 4.3 before you rooted and installing CNexus's all in one? If you did accept the OTA then I think you won't be able to back up. The knox remover works on removing the apps, however it is still in the bootloader.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If you're on Sprint, the prior version was 4.1.2.

But, and this is very important, if you installed the full 4.3 official update, including the Kernel, there is no going back, and trying to do so can hard brick your phone. Please provide a link to what you installed so we can advise appropriately and provide safe advice.

Also, are you rooted?

jarsh0322

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay so here is the whole story lol. I was rooted on stock 4.1.2 but wanted to try 4.3 so I flashed CNexus all in one 4.3 installer. After trying it out and finding out that I could just flash MOAR nag remover to get rid of the update notices I wanted to go back. So I just restored my nandroid of my prior setup which would take me back to 4.1.2 but now my baseband version is still MK3 is that okay or do I need to do a fresh flash of MD4?

Thanks

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Okay so here is the whole story lol. I was rooted on stock 4.1.2 but wanted to try 4.3 so I flashed CNexus all in one 4.3 installer. After trying it out and finding out that I could just flash MOAR nag remover to get rid of the update notices I wanted to go back. So I just restored my nandroid of my prior setup which would take me back to 4.1.2 but now my baseband version is still MK3 is that okay or do I need to do a fresh flash of MD4?

Thanks

That is ok. I was running the MK3 modem a couple of weeks before even going to 4.3

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

jarsh0322

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey meyerweb one of your post is where I got the idea for the nag remover (thanks). Could u enlighten me as to what all it removes.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
All it does is modify the build.prop file, replacing MD4 with MK3. The updater looks at build.prop to see what the currently installed ROM is, and if it sees MK3 it decides you're already up to date and doesn't do anything else.

There are multiple lines that say MD4, and the script file doesn't update all of them, but I don't remember which it does update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87