Free DropBox storage increase with Sprint Galaxy SIII?

AntikytheraTech

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I have read conflicting reports about this on the internet. Just want to see if any of you have heard or seen anything that verifies this one way or the other? Already ordered my White 32GB SIII so not a deal breaker for me, just curious.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

donntiger

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
You should get it for the Sprint GSIII.I have the EVO 4G LTE and it came with a 25gb offer though HTC.Technically it was 23gb,as everybody gets 2mb's just for signing up.Naturally,Samsung had to one up HTC and so you'll be eligible for the 48gb + 2gb offer.HTC's deal was for 2 years free and I believe Samsung's is also for two years.ATT and Verizon are not participating in this promotion and I'm not sure about T-Mobile.

Reactions: AntikytheraTech

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I have read conflicting reports about this on the internet. Just want to see if any of you have heard or seen anything that verifies this one way or the other? Already ordered my White 32GB SIII so not a deal breaker for me, just curious.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Once it was announced AT&T and Verizon weren't going to offer the storage, the other carriers became mum and haven't said anything definitive one way or the other. I'm surprised Sprint hasnt offered any clarification to the matter. If they don't offer it, I won't loose any sleep--it'd just be nice to have my curiosity assuaged.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Yea. What would you do anyway in 2 years when you have to start paying for the service. This phone will have what, up to 96gbs at release. 128 gbs some time soon. Most people don't even use the storage that the phone offers. Its a cool gimmick for those who find it important to get but I rather get and 32 or 64 gb SDcard . it will cost them less and suit me more. :)

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Yea. What would you do anyway in 2 years when you have to start paying for the service. This phone will have what, up to 96gbs at release. 128 gbs some time soon. Most people don't even use the storage that the phone offers. Its a cool gimmick for those who find it important to get but I rather get and 32 or 64 gb SDcard . it will cost them less and suit me more. :)

I can count the number of things I have in cloud storage. No where near anything requiring 50GB. I'm still old skool! Anything worth keeping is on several hard drives at home that I can get to at any time.

Sure, I use Google for my music and even utilize iCloud for everything on my iPad but again, nothing that makes me need 50GB of DropBox storage.

AntikytheraTech

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I invested in storage space with Google (prior to GDrive release fortunately - grandfathered in to 80 G8 for $20/yr) so I wouldn't be paying for the space with DropBox anyways. I was unaware those deals only gave you the space for free for a limited time. Don't get me wrong I love DB but GDrive is just as functional now and I would sooner pay my money to Google, that and it is considerably cheaper. Thanks all.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
no3rdseat