S3 WAY better than iPhone omg

agentmobile

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
wow. this phone is unbelievable just switched from iphone to the S3, i had an Atrix 2 for almost a year then bought an iphone 9 days ago with new sprint 2 yr contract i wanted something "new" and "different" from android, idk why i just did. Maybe it was the last android OS i was getting bored with, anyways i got super bored with the iphone around 5 days into my contract and i saw this "14 day trial" thing on the sprint website i was so happy went into bestbuy yesterday and not only got the exact blue S3 i wanted, but best buy has a price match thing and radioshack had the phone for $150 so when i switched the phones out i also got $58 cash back lol. def VERY pleased with this phone i feel like im back at home with this thing iphone OS was terrible (sry iphone fans) i personally hated the restrictions , im a geek when it comes to phones tabs and comps i love customization and freedom and i love having my FREE turn by turn navigation app back. Anyways, glad to be back....and btw does anyone know a good keyboard app?

Reactions: bdmridgback

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, Swiftkey 3. I was using Smart Keyboard which was also pretty good but in a recent keyboard thread where everyone and their mothers recommended Swiftkey 3 I gave it a more in depth tryout and purchased it for the $1.99 half off special price. I is indeed the best keyboard I've ever used. Blows away the iPhone's keyboard, the built in keyboards, Ultra Keyboard, and Smart keyboard (which are all the one's I've had). I can just blast away typing on it and just give it a look before sending and am astonished to typically not find a single error.

Rev.

agentmobile

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Swype is OK, but i much rather speed type individually its hard for me to swype when im holding the phone horizontally on a 4.8 inch screen phone. If the iPhone had a swype feature thatd be cool for ppl that have them. Anyways, i didnt know Swiftkey 3 had a pro version! i never mind paying for apps , in fact i usually buy them immediately after i try the trial versions. I downloaded the Swiftkey 3 free version earlier been using it a few hours and love it this will be my keyboard from now on and im buying pro version today...anyone know what extras the pro version offers?

Ngmasterj

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
wow. this phone is unbelievable just switched from iphone to the S3, i had an Atrix 2 for almost a year then bought an iphone 9 days ago with new sprint 2 yr contract i wanted something "new" and "different" from android, idk why i just did. Maybe it was the last android OS i was getting bored with, anyways i got super bored with the iphone around 5 days into my contract and i saw this "14 day trial" thing on the sprint website i was so happy went into bestbuy yesterday and not only got the exact blue S3 i wanted, but best buy has a price match thing and radioshack had the phone for $150 so when i switched the phones out i also got $58 cash back lol. def VERY pleased with this phone i feel like im back at home with this thing iphone OS was terrible (sry iphone fans) i personally hated the restrictions , im a geek when it comes to phones tabs and comps i love customization and freedom and i love having my FREE turn by turn navigation app back. Anyways, glad to be back....and btw does anyone know a good keyboard app?

Same here. I am a die-hard Android fan, having owned too many devices in the past and got tired of switching out phones every few months, so I figured maybe by switching to the iPhone, I would just stick with it and be content with it. Had it for a month and got REAL bored of it, so I jailbroke it and had it for another month tweaking and modding it. I even bought $50 bucks worth of tweaks from Cydia just to get stock android functionality, and even then I was still missing out on a lot of customization and utility from android. So I got the SGS3 and I can honestly say, this phone is everything I have ever wanted from an Android phone: nice large screen, fast and fluid UI, easy root, nice camera, nice form factor, and killer specs. Even though it's not a quad-core, it definitely feels like one, especially since there's hardly any performance differences between the international and US version. Won't be switching to another phone for the foreseeable future :D

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
SwiftKey is much better when you lower the time for a long press.. I no longer switch to #'s to type 1,2,3 lol. I lowered mine down to 200 milliseconds and its golden. Its feels like a 2 stage button rather than long pressing... Give it a try a tell me how you like it

Sent from my Sprint GS3

agentmobile

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
K guys got some bad news. Stupid phone broke. Everyone told me it would and I kept flipping out calling them haters and what not, then all the sudden I'm making a call to my girl and the phone freezes . Took battery out and put it back in still messed up completely. I was so pissed I loved that phone, but then I started thinking about it... Ya it does A LOT of stuff, but with lag compared to the iPhone. I'm not drinking the apple kool aid either just read my original post I actually bashed the iPhone, but honestly , and it's just my opinion , the iPhone was instant when navigating around the UI. I missed Siri so much as well I downloaded all the stupid voice apps in the play store none of them worked half as good as siri. So anyways at this point , my phone is screwed and I'm reminiscing about the iPhone so I'm on the way to RadioShack to see if they can help me out, I walk in and show the guys my S3 and the dudes eyes light up. He tells me something to the effect of wanting a broken S3 at the moment I'm like wtf? He said something about modifying phones and he wants a broken one for some reason idk, anyways he says he will give me $300 right there for it and he even said I could get it replaced with the insurance and explained that I did have options other than selling it, but that it is impossible to find anyone with a S3 willing to sell it right now, I explained to him that I switched to that from the 4S and he was like Why? Are u into modifying ROM's or something? I said no it just seemed like an awesome phone... He said ya on paper it's the best phone out right now it does everything, BUT if u want flawless functionality u should've just stayed with the 4S. He said Apple makes the best stuff regardless of the specs and that it doesnt matter how much more the Samsung does or how big the screen is, he compared it like this 'what's a better laptop, a MacBook pro with Retina display OR a Samsung laptop or some other PC. I said apple obviously but these are phones, we kinda agreed that yes, apple products are built better. I've owned a lot of iPhones and not once have they ever broke on their own. I've owned three android phones and they all have gotten screwed up on their own at some point. So I'm like dude u aren't making me feel better lol.... We ended up adding a line onto my sprint plan, and I got a brand new iPhone for $149.99 they have a sale right now, and extra $ in my pocket from selling him the S3. Y'all don't need to flame me for this either because I'm NOT saying the iPhone is better or the S3 is, moral of the story is use what works for u. Use what u enjoy using the most because they are all good in their own ways, I loved the S3 and would still have it if it didn't break on me, and trust me we tried everything it def broke 100%. Just felt like being honest with everyone here whether or not you all call me an iSheep or iFan or whatever u call fanboys idk. I have respect for all android phones and users, and I still stand by my word in that I DID get bored with the iPhone, BUT- after using the S3 and switching back, I've gained a whole new respect for the iPhone and I enjoy it twice as much now, I've also realized holy crap it's just a phone I don't need a 4.8 inch screen although 4" would be nice lol. Anyways, just felt like telling y'all what happened, see ya

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
lol..i love how that employee just scammed the system...he added a new line..cancelled out the old one..and kept the phone fo the $300 he gave you and still gave you an upgrade..looks like you came out $150 on top!!

what store was this? i may wanna visit this guy...

CaneToad

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Seems like a good case of more money than brains. What will you have next month.?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk 2

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

I certainly would hope that a current high end device would be better than a device that's over a year old.

agentmobile

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Seems like a good case of more money than brains. What will you have next month.?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk 2

hahaha, nice one bud. Too bad i have NO money, but thanks for making me feel like i do :)

And just for the record, if u didnt read my post i STATED that i loved the S3 but it BROKE. Yes the employee was also the manager of the whole store lol, he was really cool and was straight up with me. I just have to put my other line on 'stand by' and sprint will only charge me $8 per month, but instead i decided to just early terminate the line because I switched that line to a phone from 2004 so its just a basic phone that doesnt need data and the ETF for that is $150 versus $350 if i had a smartphone on that one. S3 is a cool phone but i decided to go back to my iPhone, whats wrong with that? Verizon just released a fact, that of the 5.9 million smartphones they sold for Q2 of 2012, 2.7 million or roughly 45% of those phones were iPhone 4S's (yes the phone thats a year old) and even iPhone 4's (24 mos old) versus the 55% of all android and blackberry and windows phones combined. There must be a reason they are so popular, BECAUSE they work, and they are EASY to use. They do NOT have the best specs nor do they have 4G (yet) but people seem to buy more and more every year. and thats not because they are the "inferior" device as ppl say. Its consistency as well, see android phones come out every month pretty much as soon as u buy one then bam two more come out and your like wtf. They are still awesome phones tho i truly believe the best android phone right now is the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and now it has jellybean that phone was amazing when i used it. anyways im done ranting just wanted to say my part and no im not just buying new phones every month ill bew sticking with the 4S till next X-Mas when ill purchase the iPhone 5

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
So....let me get this straight.....you have/had an S3......it breaks/broke.....and you deem it inferior/unworthy to your trusty ol 4s.......?? What if I buy an iphone and it BROKE on me.....should I say that it sucks cause it broke??!?! :confused: lol

Have fun back in prison!! :D

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
So....let me get this straight.....you have/had an S3......it breaks/broke.....and you deem it inferior/unworthy to your trusty ol 4s.......?? What if I buy an iphone and it BROKE on me.....should I say that it sucks cause it broke??!?! :confused: lol

Have fun back in prison!! :D

Ditto. And why the hell would anyone have to file an insurance claim for a phone with a one year manufacturer's warranty? Something fishy about this whole thread.

Reactions: robstunner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty