S3 Unable to start camera during a live call error...help!

kamicakes05

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
When I first purchased my s3 I could take pics while talking on the phone. Now it gives me a error unless I take the picture using instagram how annoying.....I called Sprint...they want to hard reset....I called Samsung those nuts said the phone doesn't have that capability...WHAT?...My brother was standing beside with his s3 taking a picture while on his phone...are they serious......someone help please....when I shop I like to chat with my friends on the phone take and send them pics and ask for their advice on what to buy...now I have to get off the phone to take the pic or take the pic with instagram then screenshot it and text it....(I screen shot it because I don't want every pic I take to post on instagram) I know to some this may sound silly but I really want this feature back...Ugh.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Was your call on speakerphone or bluetooth? Try keeping the call in the handset and taking a picture...

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Ooooo k.... in my experience, when audio is routed to bluetooth speakers, headset, etc or on speakerphone, the camera can't be used.

-- and as I was posting this, I had another window open looking at custom ROMS, one of the features of most of them is "use camera while in call" -- so there you go, you need a custom rom.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
It's a limitation of Touchwiz. It's been there since the original epic at least. You can root and rom, but it seems that Samsung thinks this is necessary functionality.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

kamicakes05

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
ROM? I'm going on Google to see what in the world y'all are talking about i am not tech savvy...all i know is it use to do it and now it doesn't AND i have used a blue tooth from the time i took the phone out of the box....My brother and friends can do it and they don't have a special ROM......Lol...y'all are talking French to me but thanks

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
ROM? I'm going on Google to see what in the world y'all are talking about i am not tech savvy...all i know is it use to do it and now it doesn't AND i have used a blue tooth from the time i took the phone out of the box....My brother and friends can do it and they don't have a special ROM......Lol...y'all are talking French to me but thanks

Do your brothers have a Samsung phone that isn't a Nexus?

A ROM is another version of the Android Operating System that you can put into your phone. It's not hard to do, but it does take a certain amount of daring for the non technical. If that's your only problem with the S3, then I'd stay away from it.

Another solution would be to download another camera. That's what I did when I had to use touchwiz.

Good Luck!
Naeem

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss