Keypad within a call

jscholz22

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I was placing a call this morning to my insurance company (1-800 number) and was not able to use the keypad to select various options while on the call. The numbers would register that they were selected on the screen, but it was not transferring to the other end causing me to sit in an endless loop of the operator saying the same thing over and over. When i pressed option 3 it showed on my screen as pressed, but did not register on their end as it was pressed. I tried another work 1-800 number to ensure that it was not just my insurance and had the same result. Has anyone ran across this or can confirm that their phone is doing the same thing?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
So I used it yesterday and last night without a problem. Just used it again at lunch today and I had the same issue as you. Will try a reboot.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
A reboot seemed to fix the problem......it must have been some sort of a glitch.

This would have been my suggestion. A reboot can solve many wonky things happening with the phone :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Subsound

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I was placing a call this morning to my insurance company (1-800 number) and was not able to use the keypad to select various options while on the call. The numbers would register that they were selected on the screen, but it was not transferring to the other end causing me to sit in an endless loop of the operator saying the same thing over and over. When i pressed option 3 it showed on my screen as pressed, but did not register on their end as it was pressed. I tried another work 1-800 number to ensure that it was not just my insurance and had the same result. Has anyone ran across this or can confirm that their phone is doing the same thing?

I can confirm the same thing, although I will say I believe it has to do with the network. I use my phone to unlock my apartment gate, as I lost the remote. I enter the number and wait about 2 minutes for the gate opener to call my phone. When on AT&T in the past it would work immediately. I have to call my phone normally twice due to the fact the service is so bad (I live in North Dallas and Roam in my apartments all day). As soon as I get the call and answer I will hit 5 and.... nothing. I hit 5 again.... nothing then the gate opener hangs up on me as a result of no activity. It doesnt matter how many times or what buttons I push there is no feedback from any number and usually you can hear the buttons dialed even though they are just not assigned to open the gate. So I have to repeat the process until the the number can be transferred to the other side of the line. I feel like the signal to push a button becomes lost when the service is at low or near low quality.

jscholz22

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it's a coincidence or not but it works when I wait to open the keypad after it is fully connected and the automation has started to talk. Haven't had an issue since. Maybe I was just rushing it.

dea30

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

Same issue here

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty