LTE in south florida

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone has it? Im getting a sprint company phone and im wondering if LTE is available in any areas. Im currently all around broward County, please share your experiences

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone has it? Im getting a sprint company phone and im wondering if LTE is available in any areas. Im currently all around broward County, please share your experiences

Get the Sensorly app and have it gps you. Then set it to Sprint LTE to see what is in your area.

Here is a snapshot of Florida as a whole.

:)

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357747947959.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357747947959.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 41

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site

I haven't seen a trace of LTE anywhere in Broward County. I am mostly in the Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood/Pompano Beach area.

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I see the 4G status change from 3G in my phone by the Miami airport along LeJuene Rd. But the speeds while on 4G are slower than the 3G on other carriers...

I'm just hoping that is just because they haven't flipped the switch because I may change carriers if LTE is not what is being advertised.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I see the 4G status change from 3G in my phone by the Miami airport along LeJuene Rd. But the speeds while on 4G are slower than the 3G on other carriers...

I'm just hoping that is just because they haven't flipped the switch because I may change carriers if LTE is not what is being advertised.

I'd say since they haven't officially announced it they could still be working on it which affects the speeds. In places like Houston, Georgia, and Chicago where they have announced the launch most people have good speeds.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I'd say since they haven't officially announced it they could still be working on it which affects the speeds. In places like Houston, Georgia, and Chicago where they have announced the launch most people have good speeds.

I have the option of verizon and sprint. I would love sprint but the speeds are eh. So idk i want unlimited but id rather have 4GB of LTE on Verizon

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't tell you if they have it. However, I can tell you that if you if your area doesn't have it and it is only 3G at the moment, Sprint still may be a viable option for you depending on how much data you use. When I first got my S3, there was no LTE in Los Angeles. However, I consistently used more data than I ever could on other carriers. Yes, it was slower; but I was still was able to stream Netflix etc. Keep in mind this is just my opinion based on my needs. I'm not here to bash other carriers, nor tell you which one is best for you. Only you know that!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't tell you if they have it. However, I can tell you that if you if your area doesn't have it and it is only 3G at the moment, Sprint still may be a viable option for you depending on how much data you use. When I first got my S3, there was no LTE in Los Angeles. However, I consistently used more data than I ever could on other carriers. Yes, it was slower; but I was still was able to stream Netflix etc. Keep in mind this is just my opinion based on my needs. I'm not here to bash other carriers, nor tell you which one is best for you. Only you know that!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

I agree with you I believe sprint speeds are ok for my needs but in my experience the speeds were great with an android device. My company is giving me an iphone 5. My personal phone is an at&t s3. The iphone 4s I had on sprint was always bouncing between 3G and 2G (the little circle) I left sprint on my personal because of that. But idk how it is now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty