Can't get out of Recovery/TWRP Mode! Help meh :(

pragmaticTheorist

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Good evening to you all - at the moment it's 3:49 AM where I live, so as you might imagine, I'm desperate and frustrated to the most extreme possible degree...

Anyways, my problem is as follows: I have a Sprint HTC One, which was last running the stock 4.2.2 update that it came with. It has been unlocked for some time now. When the 4.3 update started rolling out, I decided to try and flash a custom 4.3 ROM using the Team Win Recovery Project bootloader. I installed the rom which I had previously moved to my phone's internal sdcard, and all seemed well - when TWRP finished flashing the ROM, I rebooted - This is where the horrific dilemma reared it's ugly head: much to my horror, my phone will reboot only into bootloader/recovery mode. I can access TWRP just fine, and I've also tried using ADB to sideload various different ROMs, but the problem remains - I can't boot my phone up into anything but bootloader/recovery mode and TWRP. No matter what ROM I flash, or how many times I clear my cache or factory reset the phone, I can't boot into my OS, and I'm stuck with the little menu that gives you the choice to choose 'FASTBOOT USB' or 'HBOOT' and whatnot.

Please, help me! Not sure what to do anymore, and I my phone is both my most prized and most practically useful possession :( !!

jess ask

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I did an update from ATT on my LG G2. It rebooted and took me to TWRP screen. I have no idea what that is
or what it's for, and nor do I care. I just want to get back to my regular LG software. I tried hard reset,reboot,power off and on. And it's loops back to the same screen. I know some about phones, but i'm not this advanced. Can someone please give me advice?

I'm assuming I need to re-install the origial LG software? If so, how can I do that? and where can I find someone to help me do that bc I don't want to make things worse for my phone.

HELP!! I would really apprecite it!

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I did an update from ATT on my LG G2. It rebooted and took me to TWRP screen. I have no idea what that is
or what it's for, and nor do I care. I just want to get back to my regular LG software. I tried hard reset,reboot,power off and on. And it's loops back to the same screen. I know some about phones, but i'm not this advanced. Can someone please give me advice?

I'm assuming I need to re-install the origial LG software? If so, how can I do that? and where can I find someone to help me do that bc I don't want to make things worse for my phone.

HELP!! I would really apprecite it!
You would be better to ask in the G2 forum, This is for the One. Take a look here and ask question in that thread
LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock) - xda-developers

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Good evening to you all - at the moment it's 3:49 AM where I live, so as you might imagine, I'm desperate and frustrated to the most extreme possible degree...

Anyways, my problem is as follows: I have a Sprint HTC One, which was last running the stock 4.2.2 update that it came with. It has been unlocked for some time now. When the 4.3 update started rolling out, I decided to try and flash a custom 4.3 ROM using the Team Win Recovery Project bootloader. I installed the rom which I had previously moved to my phone's internal sdcard, and all seemed well - when TWRP finished flashing the ROM, I rebooted - This is where the horrific dilemma reared it's ugly head: much to my horror, my phone will reboot only into bootloader/recovery mode. I can access TWRP just fine, and I've also tried using ADB to sideload various different ROMs, but the problem remains - I can't boot my phone up into anything but bootloader/recovery mode and TWRP. No matter what ROM I flash, or how many times I clear my cache or factory reset the phone, I can't boot into my OS, and I'm stuck with the little menu that gives you the choice to choose 'FASTBOOT USB' or 'HBOOT' and whatnot.

Please, help me! Not sure what to do anymore, and I my phone is both my most prized and most practically useful possession :( !!

Did you get it fixed? I dont remember the Sprint One ever being on 4.2. Can you confirm you have the Sprint.