06-10-2015 11:20 AM
81 1234
tools
    Anyone having severe battery drain since the update?

Posted via Android Central App
    02-07-2015 12:54 PM
    What's the deal with the wifi calling app they added. It doesn't do anything?

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-07-2015 06:29 PM
    Anyone else get the qualcom izt location pop-up (i think that's what it's called) when restarting their phone? I always choose allow but whenever I reboot it's there asking me to allow again. I can't find it in the apps section to try clearing the cache to see if that helps.

02-07-2015 09:28 PM
    Anyone else get the qualcom izt location pop-up (i think that's what it's called) when restarting their phone? I always choose allow but whenever I reboot it's there asking me to allow again. I can't find it in the apps section to try clearing the cache to see if that helps.

I've had to check it more than once since installing Lollipop. Wonder why it pops up?
    02-08-2015 11:06 AM
    So i attempted to update and it installed all the way and froze for awhile then the screen changed to a red triangle with a ! in the middle of it. I tried factory resetting and everything and it will not go to the home screen. It just keeps restarting and going back to the red triangle with !. Is there anyway to fix this? I took it to the sprint store but they didn't know why it happened and if the factory reset didn't work they are basically clueless
    I had this same thing happen to me on Thursday night. I was so scared that my phone was permanently dead. I took it to one Sprint store that had a repair center. They were unable to do anything. They checked the system and found another store that had a few m7's that they could do an exchange for, but that store was closed at that time. I went in to that store yesterday as soon as they opened for the day. This store also had a repair center. He did something and was able to factory restore the phone. I lost everything, but most everything I had backed up. After get android working again I did the update again while in the store. Everything worked and I now have a working phone running lollipop. I would go back to the Sprint store (one with a repair center) and try again. PM me if you want phone number of the store that was able to get it working again.

Sent from my HTC One (M7) using Tapatalk
    02-08-2015 04:03 PM
    Unfortunately my Sprint HTC One M7 got the notice today of the update. I will not install Lollipop until it is stable and all of these problems are ironed out. I have a perfectly working Kit Kat and I will not jeopardize that. I guess this means I'll have to keep disabling the annoying update notification each morning. Very annoying. We should be able to just turn off the update notification permanently until we are ready to "upgrade."
    02-09-2015 04:33 PM
    Anybody know what the wifi calling app that was added is for? Mine doesn't do anything.

02-09-2015 09:18 PM
    Anyone having wifi issues? never had them before, now when phone boots i have to go into the wifi menu and select the network I want to use. also after times of inactivity i will have to perform the same task. Cleared cache and made sure no silly settings were causing the issue. Thoughts?
    02-09-2015 10:22 PM
    What about FM-Radio stock app? Where i can get apk-file from kit-kat ROM?
    matt.t.martin likes this.
    02-10-2015 03:43 AM
    Anyone else lose FM Radio? It's gone. The stock HTC app for FM radio.

matt.t.martin likes this.
    02-10-2015 07:41 PM
    I noticed that too.
    02-10-2015 07:42 PM
    I am having the same issue at work. Even after I sign into the Wi-Fi (by entering the password), this screen keeps reappearing. Although it appears I am connected to the Wi-Fi network, I cannot sync my phone via Wi-Fi--I have to turn-off the Wi-Fi and sync my phone using 3G or 4G.

Any one else having this issue? Any suggestions?
    02-11-2015 07:39 AM
    Any idea on what happened to the quick settings screen? Before the update to Lollipop, swiping down from the top would show the quick settings for WiFi, Airplane Mode, etc. Now it only shows the Settings button. There doesn't seem to be a way to take a screenshot any more.

By accident, I found that the quick settings screen does come up, but only when the lock screen is displayed. It's pretty useless to be able to take a screenshot only of your lock screen. Is there a fix for this?
    02-12-2015 09:11 AM
    Any idea on what happened to the quick settings screen? Before the update to Lollipop, swiping down from the top would show the quick settings for WiFi, Airplane Mode, etc. Now it only shows the Settings button. There doesn't seem to be a way to take a screenshot any more.

By accident, I found that the quick settings screen does come up, but only when the lock screen is displayed. It's pretty useless to be able to take a screenshot only of your lock screen. Is there a fix for this?
    I haven't updated yet, so maybe they changed it, but can't you take a screenshot by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down for a second?

Also, I read that you can get to Quick Settings by swiping down, then swiping down again.
    Texano78704 likes this.
    02-12-2015 12:26 PM
    Anybody know what the wifi calling app that was added is for? Mine doesn't do anything.

You have to activate WiFi calling first online then you have to approve each WiFi network for calling support.

See: FAQs about Sprint Wi-Fi calling
    02-12-2015 04:22 PM
    Anyone else lose FM Radio? It's gone. The stock HTC app for FM radio.

It is possible that they are pushing the NextRadio app for FM Radio instead. I have both on my phone now with KitKat.
    02-12-2015 04:27 PM
    It is possible that they are pushing the NextRadio app for FM Radio instead. I have both on my phone now with KitKat.
    I found NextRadio in GooglePlay and it says my device is not supported...
    02-13-2015 02:42 AM
    I found NextRadio in GooglePlay and it says my device is not supported...
    You have a Sprint HTC One M7?
    02-13-2015 10:02 AM
    I lost FM Tuner app on upgrade. Having trouble finding another.
    02-13-2015 10:47 AM
    I had the same defect with the upgrade on my m7 as you guys, but I had the Sprint store treat me like absolute garbage instead (just tried to extract money from me along the way). In the end, you can fix this problem by downloading the RUU file and installing some manager from htc (google "htc m7 sprint ruu" and follow the "Manual system update instructions"). You can get to the "fastboot" mode required to load this via USB by hitting vol-UP+power on the phone while in the "red triangle with exclamation point" mode which gives you a menu that offers a reboot option. Once you reboot, immediately hold the vol-DOWN key and the WHITE fastboot screen should load (allowing load from RUU).

I'm trying to put this out there so no-body else has to deal with the creeps at the Sprint store who use this update as an opportunity to sell you a phone, or leave you stranded by their ineptness. Kudos to your one guy who figured out how to load an RUU, but it shouldn't have been rocket science to them when it took me 40 minutes to figure out after I gave up hope on them.
    02-13-2015 05:56 PM
    I hate my phone now!!! The lock screen is bull **** now. I get my security pattern wrong all the time now. Notifications show up as a bar in the middle of the screen. Showing what the texts say even when phone is locked. WTF!!! The overall look of the notification bars is just very cheep (like someone screwed up some code). FM tuner is gone!!!!!!!! Why do you keep taking apps off? It's always telling me no data connection. Even though I see the 3 or 4g arrows working while I'm using data. One ringtone for all notifications??? WTF again. You guys totally made this phone suck.
    02-13-2015 06:29 PM
    I hate my phone now!!! The lock screen is bull **** now. I get my security pattern wrong all the time now. Notifications show up as a bar in the middle of the screen. Showing what the texts say even when phone is locked. WTF!!! The overall look of the notification bars is just very cheep (like someone screwed up some code). FM tuner is gone!!!!!!!! Why do you keep taking apps off? It's always telling me no data connection. Even though I see the 3 or 4g arrows working while I'm using data. One ringtone for all notifications??? WTF again. You guys totally made this phone suck.

Afraid I'm having a less than stellar time with this update as well. Biggest issue is now my stock sms app "Messages" gets really laggy and freezes up when I try to type texts, and it takes a while to catch up to what I just typed. Really annoying. Only have that problem in Messages, I can type fine in every other app.

The new look of the notification/lock screen is not my favorite. But whatever I'll deal with it.

My Vizio TV Remote app no longer works. Can't control my TV with it anymore. Frustrating.

Finally my phone just feels like its moving slower online, and sometimes pages just will not load when I type the address in the url. It just lists the link at the top and stays on a blank white page. I have to Google it and click the link to get where I'm going.
    02-14-2015 10:27 AM
    Is it possible to add a panel and a widget to the lock screen after the update? I had a widget on a lock screen panel before the update, but I can't figure out how to add a panel and a widget to the lock screen after the update.
    02-15-2015 09:27 PM
    I have two HTC one M7. I use the phone dial 'wait/pause' option when I store the contact information, which works for years with many different phones. It is a great feature when you have to call some one that needs to enter numbers multiple times before you reach the right party. Example, call a number you were told to enter 1 for English, 2 for French, then you were told to enter the extension, you can store those in the phone book using this feature that is very useful, especially when you have a number you need to call frequently, and it has a long extension. International calling using calling card is a piratical application.
    After the upgrade it does not wok anymore. The HTC Help Desk is no help. After test in the 'safe' mode, then factory rest, they told me may be Android is not supporting this feature anymore. They don't have a phone with them, they can't see what is happening like a customer is doing. I can understand the test in 'safe mode', but factory reset can be easily eliminated. Worst part is they told me there is nothing they can do.
    Does anyone has a 5.02 phone that is not HTC??
    02-16-2015 02:14 PM
    Hi, where do I begin? From my smart unlock not working for WiFi, the loss of my power widget(WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth, brightness) and fast boot mode all the way to glitchy voice command not recognizing my contacts (ie I'll call one person, hang up and try to call back but get told the contact doesn't exist), no longer getting to/from traffic notifications or hotel and flight updates for upcoming trips, laggy apps and keyboard response, speaker phone automatically turning on when I answer a call and then put to my ear, screen not turning back on when I'm done a call (so I can end it), the elimination of month view with agendas in the calendar....man, this is the most unhappy I have ever been with and Android OS.

This is with the M7 unlocked phone. Has anyone had this many issues? Any suggestions on how to fix without going the factory reset route?

I'm android for life...but unless they clean this up I may have no other choice but to look for an alternative.
    02-17-2015 05:40 PM
81 1234