Can not use Data & Voice at same time on Sprint LG G2. Deal braker?

Bryan Jenkins1982

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I've had the G2 for Sprint since 10/11 and realized something today while on a conference call. As with the iPhone for Sprint, you are unable to access 4G/3G data while on a voice call. (You're ok on WiFi).

I'm on approximately 5 hours of conference: calls per week, and I need to be able to access email, log into training portals for work, etc...For those of you that are heavy GPS users, this means every time you take a phone call, you have to essentially restart your trip.

I spoke to our LG Sales Rep and he said this was the 1st he's heard of it, but I called 2 other colleagues that were also given the phone from LG and sure enough, it doesn't work. I know for a fact, this is possible on every other android phone, including the Optimus G. I am holding out hope that this can be solved with a firmware update, but I'm afraid it's the same as the iPhones; it's the way the processor works. :/

This SUCKS :'(

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
The S4 can do Voice and data while on WiFi or LTE. You might not have the final software when the phone releases yet though.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
This is all BS! I can do both data and call on my S3! That includes 3G! This is very important.... Today I was in a call for an hour and 35 minutes with eBay and PayPal for a personal issue. I was driving around town, and if it weren't because my S3 can do 3G/Lte and voice at the same time, I would had been screwed!

Sent from my SPH-L710

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This is all BS! I can do both data and call on my S3! That includes 3G! This is very important.... Today I was in a call for an hour and 35 minutes with eBay and PayPal for a personal issue. I was driving around town, and if it weren't because my S3 can do 3G/Lte and voice at the same time, I would had been screwed!

Sent from my SPH-L710

Yes, and I can do this on my HTC EVO 4g LTE too. However, I can read and realize this is only affects Tri-Band phones which neither of our phones are.

Sounds like this is a tradeoff that people will have to make. :-(

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, and I can do this on my HTC EVO 4g LTE too. However, I can read and realize this is only affects Tri-Band phones which neither of our phones are.

Sounds like this is a tradeoff that people will have to make. :-(

The galaxy S4 isn't triband and it can't do 3G and voice....

Sent from my SPH-L710

Bryan Jenkins1982

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Sent from my SPH-L710

This is an unfortunate downside to tri-band capability. I really hope qualcomm can find a way around this issue.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez