All Music and Pictures Disappeared and no new ones will save

thezedd

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
As the title says about 2 hours ago all of my pictures disappeared. All ones transferred from my old device, downloaded from Facebook and from texts people sent me, downloaded from the internet, everything is gone. All my music disappeared as well.

I've taken a few random pictures to see if they would save and they disappear. I've added music to the player and it disappears.

I'm using the stock camera and stock music players and it keeps happening. I did not back up my pictures and I'm afraid I've lost year's of my son's pictures along with other great memories.

I've run a virus scan many times, malware scan many times and they come up clean but I'm still worried I've been hacked or got a virus.

I've considered doing a factory reset but don't know if that will work. Any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd probably try thee factory reset as the last resort. There are apps for recovering lost pics and such, but there really is no guarantee. Google will be your friend in finding the right ones. This is why it's worth letting the G+ backup stay on. That way, you don't have to worry about a scenario like this one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Were all of the photos and music on your external SD card? Is the camera set to save directly to the SD card? If so, I'd wonder if the card has become corrupt. Try a new card and see if it works. If the card is corrupt, it may be difficult to retrieve lost photos. Try something like DiskDigger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87