Force roam on LG Marquee?

timf76

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
To force roam create a shortcut with launcher pro to get to the settings in the LG secret menu.

Download and install Launcher Pro from the market. Its free.
Use Launcher Pro or any other Launcher as your default.
Long press an empty space in your home screen.
click shortcut
click activities
scroll down to com.lge.hiddenmenu
expand com.lge.hiddenmenu
click network select 53rd from the top in com.lge.hiddenmenu category

Now you will have a shortcut on your home screen.
click the shortcut
click Roam Preference
select the mode you wish

Oh and be careful if you force roam because any mobile any time is not free in roaming! It uses your bucket of minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: two-rocks

CaliCat

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
To force roam create a shortcut with launcher pro to get to the settings in the LG secret menu.

Download and install Launcher Pro from the market. Its free.
Use Launcher Pro or any other Launcher as your default.
Long press an empty space in your home screen.
click shortcut
click activities
scroll down to com.lge.hiddenmenu
expand com.lge.hiddenmenu
click network select 53rd from the top in com.lge.hiddenmenu category

Now you will have a shortcut on your home screen.
click the shortcut
click Roam Preference
select the mode you wish

Oh and be careful if you force roam because any mobile any time is not free in roaming! It uses your bucket of minutes.

I realize I'm digging up an old thread with old instructions, but I've Googled for a more recent update to this and haven't found anything, so I'm hoping someone has an idea. I've just inherited a Sprint LG Marquee on which I need to institute force roaming... it has 2.3.4 Gingerbread with software version ZVC, which from my Google efforts tells me will be some effort in trying to backtrack to downgrade then root before I could try to load a Verizon PRL to force roaming that way, and I'm a bit too much of a noob to handle all that without step-by-step "For Dummies" instructions and someone holding my hand the entire time, so I was hoping that the method in this thread still worked. However, I'm not seeing that it does, at least not with my current software version. I don't see a "network select" option under the com.lge.hiddenmenu category -- has the option name been changed or moved, or is it my software version that's the problem? Is there going to be any way for me to do this without going through this onerous downgrade/root/upload PRL process?