[ACS] GRJ90

TAZedd

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I get teh error and Im was running stock ROM and Kernel before flasing... but don't want to use netarchy not any other kernel.. went back 'till some fix

crazy1990

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I am going to update my Nexus S phone, but I have two things in mind. My phone is stock with launcher pro with root access. Applying these update will wipe out my data? I am going to update the rom first then the radio update. But how do I update ke5? Again, I am new to android.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I messed it up sufficiently to need to take it to Sprint. All the normal unbricking methods didn't seem to work.
Anticitizen,
Read in these forums, or go to XDA. You can always use the Samsung Simple DL D720 to completely unbrick just about anything. Or go to Samsung site, download, and run.

This puts phone back to factory. Then start forward.

I know my local stores won't work on anything that has been unlocked or rooted. So I learned this the hard way, I had erased the entire OS trying to unlock. They actually called it an expensive brick 2 days after I bought it, so now I know I can fix anything with this program regardless of what I do to my phone.

And saving $8 a month (x 2 phones) while I'm at it.;)

crazy1990

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed the rom to the latest build. I also flashed the radio update. The performance and signal reception are better than before. Everything is working fine so far except the wifi. When I clicked the wifi button, it said error. What should I do to fix that problem? I feel relieved that everything is working fine, because I am a noob.:)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Anticitizen,
Read in these forums, or go to XDA. You can always use the Samsung Simple DL D720 to completely unbrick just about anything. Or go to Samsung site, download, and run.

This puts phone back to factory. Then start forward.

I know my local stores won't work on anything that has been unlocked or rooted. So I learned this the hard way, I had erased the entire OS trying to unlock. They actually called it an expensive brick 2 days after I bought it, so now I know I can fix anything with this program regardless of what I do to my phone.

And saving $8 a month (x 2 phones) while I'm at it.;)

I actually did try that as well as Odin. None of them could recognize my device. I think it was stuck in recovery mode...I could select "Reboot bootloader, reboot, recovery, and shut down", but all of those options lead right back to the recovery mode options. After a few battery pulls and some frantic googling, I gave up and took it to my local Sprint store. They were pretty cool about it and had the tech reset it. I had to reactivate my phone once I got it back, but everything is back to normal now.

On a side note, I'm not trying to blame your ROM, I'm just posting this here as a cautionary tale :).

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
you got stuck in fastboot mode, prolly due to deleteing the bootkernel and recovery kernel. you could hav ejust use teh fastboot commands to return it back to stock.

as a word of advice tho, sprint has changed their policy, if youve messed up the software etc they just restore the phone using the flashers in an effort to stop switching out phones and sending back to oems costing them money.

(i know it wasnt this rom ;) )

kbill1984

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I updated to GRJ90 with netarchy 1.3.7 and everything works fine except wifi hotspot and tethering. When I try to use either of those I drop 3G. Restored to GRJ22 and hotspot and tethering work again. Any ideas?

link375

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I updated to GRJ90 with netarchy 1.3.7 and everything works fine except wifi hotspot and tethering. When I try to use either of those I drop 3G. Restored to GRJ22 and hotspot and tethering work again. Any ideas?

that's part of the new update. You have to use an app to tether. Just search "tether"in the market there's plenty of options

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

kbill1984

May 30, 2011
Visit site
that's part of the new update. You have to use an app to tether. Just search "tether"in the market there's plenty of options

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

That seems like an odd way of restricting wifi hotspot and tethering. I'm used to then saying you need to set it up with your carrier.

crazy1990

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I fixed the wifi problem. I flashed the matrix1x kernel and wifi works beautifully. There are other problems I found beside this. When I enable usb tethering, it connects to my pc (running windows 7) and it said no internet access. So any fix for that? Wifi tethering works fine.

aBitDisgruntled

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I fixed the wifi problem. I flashed the matrix1x kernel and wifi works beautifully. There are other problems I found beside this. When I enable usb tethering, it connects to my pc (running windows 7) and it said no internet access. So any fix for that? Wifi tethering works fine.

I also have a wifi issue after flashing the radio and GRJ90 from the OP...everything seems to be working fine except when I try to enable wifi it says "error". Should I be flashing the kernel as well? Google and Android Central searches for matrix1x aren't turning up much.

Thanks!

Edit: Think I found it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1137373

I'll report back after I give it a try later tonight.

Last edited:

crazy1990

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I found more problems after I update the rom, radio, and kernel (for wifi issue). I turned on wifi portable hotspot with 3g, it has no data when I connected it to my pc. Second thing, I use wireless tether with 4g and it has no data either when I am connected to my pc. Any ideas? Fix? When I connected usb tether to my pc, the tethering works fine with the wifi on. Not the 3g. Not even 4g. Hit me up with any fixes. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty