09-08-2011 05:37 AM
52 123
tools
    It's time off the charger.
    08-07-2011 04:47 PM
    I regularly get 40+ on the stock rom and kernel.
    08-07-2011 05:05 PM
    o/
    08-07-2011 05:24 PM
    What's the most display-on time you guys are getting on a single charge? I know the AMOLED screen really drains the battery, so I'm wondering what y'all are getting. For 40 hours of usage, for example, dunivan, how many hours is your screen on?
    08-08-2011 01:02 PM
    Let me get this right...you're not rooted, you actually occasionally use your Nexus...and you get 40+ hours without needing to charge?

Sorry...I just don't know if I can believe that. I have actually let my phone sit an entire day untouched, bathed in the awesome signal from my Airave, and when, after about 18 hours, I hit the power button to check email, the battery was down to the mid-20s. I've tried every method described to manage power consumption, turned off all sorts of syncing and notification. I rarely turn on wifi and only use bluetooth in my car. My NoLED dismisses after 15 minutes and with proximity sensor activation. I even tried JuiceDefender. The best day my phone ever had was the day I described above, and I ended up plugging it in soon after so it would be fully charged when I woke up.

I do not listen to music or watch movies on my phone. The most intensive stuff I've done on it include games like Words With Friends or Angry Birds...and Skype, which I've only used three times.

I am sure there are a few things I could try to squeeze maybe two to four more hours out of it...but 40? Sorry...I'm not buying it.
    08-08-2011 01:26 PM
    Let me get this right...you're not rooted, you actually occasionally use your Nexus...and you get 40+ hours without needing to charge?

Sorry...I just don't know if I can believe that. I have actually let my phone sit an entire day untouched, bathed in the awesome signal from my Airave, and when, after about 18 hours, I hit the power button to check email, the battery was down to the mid-20s. I've tried every method described to manage power consumption, turned off all sorts of syncing and notification. I rarely turn on wifi and only use bluetooth in my car. My NoLED dismisses after 15 minutes and with proximity sensor activation. I even tried JuiceDefender. The best day my phone ever had was the day I described above, and I ended up plugging it in soon after so it would be fully charged when I woke up.

I do not listen to music or watch movies on my phone. The most intensive stuff I've done on it include games like Words With Friends or Angry Birds...and Skype, which I've only used three times.

I am sure there are a few things I could try to squeeze maybe two to four more hours out of it...but 40? Sorry...I'm not buying it.
    I don't care if you buy it or not. I don't lie and even if I were to lie about this, what do I have to gain? I'm not selling these things out of the back of a van. I'm also not the only individual to make such a claim.

I'm rooted, but stock. I have nothing on my phone in the way of Defender this or Manager that.
    08-08-2011 01:35 PM
    I use Pandora a lot. I have Oxygen + Net kernel now. Is Pandora a huge battery drain? What about the music player? I am trying to get a full day off a morning charge and I am ready to die usually within 5-6 hours. I just did a calibration though so we shall see. I did have stock rom/rooted before with that battery. I am a huge music person, I listen all the time between work, the gym, and home.

Hoping calibration will bring change *Obama voice*
    08-08-2011 03:17 PM
    chud, after the 40 hours, what's your display time like? It seems to drain the battery like crazy, so I'm wondering how to get 3 or 4 hours of screen-on time.
    08-08-2011 03:20 PM
    If I just root my phone and stay with the original rom does it also make battery life better?
    08-08-2011 03:29 PM
    chud, after the 40 hours, what's your display time like? It seems to drain the battery like crazy, so I'm wondering how to get 3 or 4 hours of screen-on time.
    I don't know off the top of my head accurately enough to say. Display is usually at the number one or number two spot for use. But I did charge it after I made my last post and will do my best to use it as I usually do and then grab some numbers and a screen shot.
    imekul likes this.
    08-08-2011 03:38 PM
    If I just root my phone and stay with the original rom does it also make battery life better?
    No not simply from the act of rooting alone. Rooting just gives you access to some deeper areas of the phone. It doesn't change anything.

I haven't done anything to my phone that a non rooted person can't do. Things like a black background, keeping the display brightness all the way down when indoors, turning on wifi only when i know i'll be able to use it for an extended period of time, setting wifi to never sleep, etc. No battery monitors or resource managers etc.
    08-08-2011 03:40 PM
    How is that possible? Do you even use your phone?
    08-17-2011 01:34 AM
    How is that possible? Do you even use your phone?
    No not at all. I make so much money that I just have a hundred dollar a month bill so that I can leave my phone on display in the driver's seat of my Viper.
    08-17-2011 11:38 AM
    Question.

are you guys overclocked or underclocked?

for me, my phone is less then a week old, i rooted it, unlocked the bootloader and thats it.

im underclocked running at 800mhz with netarchy 1.4.0 cfs for stock roms. (funny i didnt know i was turned all the way down to 800 until i looked!) and its still butter smooth.

i get pretty good battery life but im not seeing 20+ hours...

my display is usually turned way down, no pandora or anything like that, i also turn off gps when not using. little things like that.
    08-28-2011 11:36 AM
    So what do I root the Nexus S 4G to when I get it to make the battery BETTER?
    09-04-2011 08:52 PM
    Having WiFi on (with a connection of course) actually saves battery, so use it when you can.

No not at all. I make so much money that I just have a hundred dollar a month bill so that I can leave my phone on display in the driver's seat of my Viper.
    We would all appreciate it if you dropped the attitude.
    09-04-2011 09:16 PM
    I just ordered my Nexus S 4G. I would like to know what do I need to do to make the battery better? Anything that is SIMPLE but works good.
    09-04-2011 11:11 PM
    I just ordered my Nexus S 4G. I would like to know what do I need to do to make the battery better? Anything that is SIMPLE but works good.
    Keep your charge on -- how to improve battery life on your Android phone
    AllenRulz likes this.
    09-04-2011 11:14 PM
    Thank you for that. OMG I'm so excited to get my first Android phone. Can't sit still lol.
    09-04-2011 11:37 PM
    Root and under-clock your phone. I get tremendous battery life now.
    09-05-2011 11:31 AM
    Root and under-clock your phone. I get tremendous battery life now.
    how low are you underclocking?
    im underclocked to 800
    any screen profiles?

i cant seem to get passed 18 hours.
    09-06-2011 01:25 AM
    how low are you underclocking?
    im underclocked to 800
    any screen profiles?

i cant seem to get passed 18 hours.
    I can get 18 sometimes more,first thing make sure NFC is not on the whole time and i don't use auto brightness. Other then that i have wifi on almost 90% of the time and every gapp you could think of i use gvoice about a million times a day and gtalk.
    09-06-2011 02:14 AM
    I'm using GPA17 and right now i'm at 1 day 2h 37m 28s on battery. And I have 33% left.
    09-06-2011 04:42 PM
    I'm on GPA17, underclocked to 800 and 'Powersave'. I use voice pretty heavily. I'm glad I get (mostly) through an entire day...my EVO never did.

Medium call use (~2.5 hours), and a bit of YouTube at the end to pop up the Display %...

09-07-2011 12:35 AM
    Hi peeps..new here and just going through he the new posts..found something that my lady needs badly..help with getting the most out of her phone. Is there something / configuration she should have on her LG Thrive to the kind of battery life we all are talking about? thanks in adv.
    09-07-2011 01:01 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD