Battery - Reason to Root

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry...I just don't know if I can believe that. I have actually let my phone sit an entire day untouched, bathed in the awesome signal from my Airave, and when, after about 18 hours, I hit the power button to check email, the battery was down to the mid-20s. I've tried every method described to manage power consumption, turned off all sorts of syncing and notification. I rarely turn on wifi and only use bluetooth in my car. My NoLED dismisses after 15 minutes and with proximity sensor activation. I even tried JuiceDefender. The best day my phone ever had was the day I described above, and I ended up plugging it in soon after so it would be fully charged when I woke up.

Having WiFi on (with a connection of course) actually saves battery, so use it when you can.

No not at all. I make so much money that I just have a hundred dollar a month bill so that I can leave my phone on display in the driver's seat of my Viper.

We would all appreciate it if you dropped the attitude.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered my Nexus S 4G. I would like to know what do I need to do to make the battery better? Anything that is SIMPLE but works good.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
how low are you underclocking?
im underclocked to 800
any screen profiles?

i cant seem to get passed 18 hours.

I can get 18 sometimes more,first thing make sure NFC is not on the whole time and i don't use auto brightness. Other then that i have wifi on almost 90% of the time and every gapp you could think of i use gvoice about a million times a day and gtalk.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm on GPA17, underclocked to 800 and 'Powersave'. I use voice pretty heavily. I'm glad I get (mostly) through an entire day...my EVO never did.

Medium call use (~2.5 hours), and a bit of YouTube at the end to pop up the Display %...
ns4g1.png

ns4g2.png

ns4g5.png

othellomor

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi peeps..new here and just going through he the new posts..found something that my lady needs badly..help with getting the most out of her phone. Is there something / configuration she should have on her LG Thrive to the kind of battery life we all are talking about? thanks in adv.

Last edited:

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I can get 18 sometimes more,first thing make sure NFC is not on the whole time and i don't use auto brightness. Other then that i have wifi on almost 90% of the time and every gapp you could think of i use gvoice about a million times a day and gtalk.

I don't even have a nfc menu anymore :l
I don't know what's going on

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
It's probably due to crappy setups and/or using them as a replacement for every entertainment device under the sun.

I bought my smart phone because it has so much functionality. If I just wanted something to sit around idle until someone called me, I'd have a dumb phone.

Screen on = battery drain. No way around it. That's what spare batteries are for.