What's everyone using for a weather app?

hi-tech34

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to decide which is best, the Weather Channel or The Weather Bug? or does anyone have another choice?
Which does not use up a lot of battery?

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been having a terrible time with Android weather apps. I can't seem to get accuracy and stability at once. Weather Channel I've found is the most accurate, but that app is Android kryptonite. It crashed and locked up my phone at least once a day. Weatherbug is frequently way off in it's temp, sometimes by up to 10 degrees F off.

Right now I use Classic Weather Notification. It's small, puts the temp in the notification bar, and has a simple weather window. No maps, satellite views or anything like that. But it's small, stable, and accurate so I keep it around. I tried GO Weather, but it was way too much and kept asking me to download animations. My Optimus V memory is quite limited so no thank you to extra add-ons.

I wish Weather Channel would rebuild it's app (make it stable), and add the temp in the notification bar. That would be a winner for me.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I just use the stock News and Weather app for my weather. I have Google Reader so I turned off all the news on it. When you open it it's just weather. Have the widget on a home screen. Need any more information: go to the website. I like it.

Vazzago

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I use Palmary Weather. Paid app, but works really well from as far as I can tell. Just upgraded to the Nexus S 4g from my Epic 4G.

l8r

:)

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I just use the stock News and Weather app for my weather. I have Google Reader so I turned off all the news on it. When you open it it's just weather. Have the widget on a home screen. Need any more information: go to the website. I like it.

I like it as well. I particularly like that you can click on the temperature and get a quick graph of temperature and humidity over time, so you can very efficiently tell what the weather will be over the next 24 hours. It's very cool!

(I've also turned off the news, although I currently use Twitter, rather than RSS, to access news.)

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I like it as well. I particularly like that you can click on the temperature and get a quick graph of temperature and humidity over time, so you can very efficiently tell what the weather will be over the next 24 hours. It's very cool!

(I've also turned off the news, although I currently use Twitter, rather than RSS, to access news.)

That's actually funny because that's what I was doing before I got Google Reader. Well, actually: before I got Android. I was using Twitter on my Blackberry to get all my news updates. But I liked how tweets were pushed. When I was using twitter on Android there was a 5 minute delay; which, I turned to an hour to save battery. So not being instant anymore really took away from what I liked about it. Now it's 5 minutes and you got a bunch of tweets. Before it was like hey. Got one. Check it out.

I really enjoy Google Reader. Just wish on some feeds I didn't have to go to the website like on others (for example AC) where it all just comes up in the reader.

And I really like that graph. Simple. Accurate, scrollable. If I need a radar or anything further I'll go to the site.

Thrasherx2k1

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Everyone here obviously doesn't know about the gem of a weather app that is MYCAST WEATHER CLASSIC by Digital Cyclone Inc. It's a $3.99 paid app but only a one time charge. It is actually owned by Garmin so you know you're getting a quality app. I have been using it for a few years and I always find it to be accurate. It provides much more info than Weatherbug Elite or any other weather app I have ever owned. The only downfall is if you want the lightning strikes attachment to this app it costs an additional one time fee of $9.99. I encourage though everyone to try this app and if you don't like it within 15 min just uninstall it and no charge to you!

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
That's actually funny because that's what I was doing before I got Google Reader. Well, actually: before I got Android. I was using Twitter on my Blackberry to get all my news updates. But I liked how tweets were pushed. When I was using twitter on Android there was a 5 minute delay; which, I turned to an hour to save battery. So not being instant anymore really took away from what I liked about it. Now it's 5 minutes and you got a bunch of tweets. Before it was like hey. Got one. Check it out.

I really enjoy Google Reader. Just wish on some feeds I didn't have to go to the website like on others (for example AC) where it all just comes up in the reader.

And I really like that graph. Simple. Accurate, scrollable. If I need a radar or anything further I'll go to the site.
did you ever try Pulse?

alpinejag

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been using My-Cast Weather Lite, favorite one I have found so far. I loved the layout of the Weather Channel app on webOS, the Android app just isn't as good for me.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I have. Yes. I liked the UI. Actually a lot. I tend to stick with Google Products that are easy to sync with a check of a box under accounts.

I'm weird like that, lol.
Does Reader offer the same functionality just not in a pretty package or are there less feed options too?

dump71

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I use "Forecast Info" for current conditions, forecast, and widget. For radar I use "Raindar". Both are simple and work well.

Thrasherx2k1

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I've been using My-Cast Weather Lite, favorite one I have found so far. I loved the layout of the Weather Channel app on webOS, the Android app just isn't as good for me.

Make sure you try My Cast Weather Classic too sometime. There is a new My Cast Weather which is what Lite uses then there is Classic which is what I prefer. Classic is faster and just a better overall experience. Remember you can always charge the $3.99 to your Sprint bill : )

ehiggins

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Wkyc weather. It defaults to cleveland but you can set it to work if my location. Works great all across the usa and canada. Great weather and timely alerts and its by far the best interactive radar