How's 2.3.7 update treating everyone?

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't own a nexus s (rooted EVO 4g) but I just bought my wife one Monday. It was 2.3.4 stock and 20 mins ago she got a update notice for 2.3.5 and 5 mins later (if that long) she got update notice for 2.3.7. She likes the look of "wallet" as Google is listing it lol. My question is what are other improvements that come with update?

It seems like signal performance and 4g speeds improved. I believe the overall experience is faster and less laggy, but it could be in my head.

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk

Schmid7y

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello, new Nexus S 4G user here.

Updated to 2.3.7, and 3G/4G and Wifi performance are horrible. I had an HTC Arrive for a while and a TouchPad and my Wifi signal never drops in my dorm room. The Nexus S goes from 2 bars down to 0 for wifi. Quite annoying.

ehiggins

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I was also about 80% battery use from google wallet. I'm curious: do you have NFC turned on? mine was off when the battery usage was way up there. Turned it on, and haven't seen the issue again. I'm not really sure if the toggling of NFC was the fix though.

This. I had the same problem after turning nfc off, once back on the problem is gone. The problem being a wallet wake lock

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Hello, new Nexus S 4G user here.

Updated to 2.3.7, and 3G/4G and Wifi performance are horrible. I had an HTC Arrive for a while and a TouchPad and my Wifi signal never drops in my dorm room. The Nexus S goes from 2 bars down to 0 for wifi. Quite annoying.

welcome to your nexus s 4g! This is the exact issue I have. I am actively looking at replacements but they all have downsides.

I love a lot about this phone but the reception issues are unforgivable and make me never want to buy a Samsung phone again.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
New NS4G owner here and so far I’m liking it. Unlocked bootloader and rooted as soon as I got it home. Right now I'm on updated stock ROM but I'm sure I'll be flashing a different one soon. So far no problems or reception issues.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Overall no problem, except when I left NFC enabled it consumed 75% of my battery life. Since then I leave it off unless I know that I am going out and might use it.

daisy_70

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
welcome to your nexus s 4g! This is the exact issue I have. I am actively looking at replacements but they all have downsides.

I love a lot about this phone but the reception issues are unforgivable and make me never want to buy a Samsung phone again.

I live in a "dip"and this is my third Samsung phone b/c they give me most reliable reception. Could your issue be the update? I haven't updated my phone for fear of loosing free hotspot capability (see other posts) & my reception good. [cookie=#999999]-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities[/color]

jaredsutter

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I had an Epic 4G until yesterday, traded with my wife for her Nexus (she wanted the keyboard, I wanted the pure Android, NFC, and soon to come Ice Cream Sandwich). At work, where I never got great signal with the Epic, I'm getting terrible signal and awful data (3G) speeds (about half the speed of the Epic) and 14% Time without signal. Is this normal experience? I plan to root tonight, could CM or another ROM help?
BTW, used Wallet this morning at McDonald's for breakfast, worked great, Wallet showing 4% battery use, I've played with it a few times today. Battery life seems slightly worse than the Epic, but that might be because of signal issues and me playing with my new toy.

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My reception is better. I am now getting 4g reception in places I wasn't before the update. Other than that, nothing to report.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Reception when on 3G is generally better, but once WiFi is on, I get the dropping of the signal quite frequently... Im rooted and use Roam Contral and it works just great for my low signal areas!