[ICS][4.0.4][NS4G] ICS 4.0.4. IMM26D FASTBOOT Installation Method

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ICS][4.0.4][NS4G] ICS 4.0.4. IMM26D FASTBOOT Installation Me

This is awesome! Lots of great info here; thanks Paul! I plan to give this all a shot soon!

No prob... I know there are other means out there but I've tried my best to make this as painless as possible and keep it still where it "works" without a bunch of fuss...

I've used my own creations here plenty of times and it just works without all the "bling" .. Bottom line.

jmterminator

May 5, 2011
Visit site

So could I just flash this like I have with previous roms and just put the zip on my phone and use clockworkmod to flash it?

rc28a

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the Good work

Just did the fastboot update and was nice and easy

Notes:

Phone seems much much faster and smoother
The app shortcuts can sort of be grouped together now which is annoying if you accidentally move one icon on top of the other
Swype won't install saying this isn't an android phone
FINALLY A 4G on/off WIDGET!!
Stock keyboard is faster (close to apple now)
Battery on 4G seems better
USB STORAGE HAS RETURNED!! Honeycomb had the annoying MTS storage
Signal strength seems better and less prone to dropping on 3G and 4G
BUT the poor speeds are still present here in Newark NJ (my att nexus S 3G is almost the same speed as the Nexus S 4G with 4G on... 3G on the device is so horrible I can't believe sprint can sell this)

Last edited:

d.awada22

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

I'm having trouble with the 7zip part?
I downloaded all the necessary software, but I'm a little confused.
which 7zip do I download and how do I use it?
please, explain, sorry I'm a newb

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm having trouble with the 7zip part?
I downloaded all the necessary software, but I'm a little confused.
which 7zip do I download and how do I use it?
please, explain, sorry I'm a newb

Ones you download the two zip files I provided you will right click on them and select zip/extract

Then follow the rest of the instructions to place the factory images inside of the folder with the tools and scripts.

Reactions: d.awada22

d.awada22

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

Ones you download the two zip files I provided you will right click on them and select zip/extract

Then follow the rest of the instructions to place the factory images inside of the folder with the tools and scripts.

thank you so much! :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

In case it wasn't clear, you have to Google 7Zip and download the version for your computer so you can un zip the files.

FloatOn

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

OH yeah... and the OS is perfect. I only upgraded the OS because I was going to take my phone in today and cancel my contract with Sprint. I dont get service at work or at home. I have 4 bars in my office now where I had 1 or 2. This update saved me the trouble of going to Verizon today. :cool: The phone is faster, the radio is improved GREATLY, and its a much cleaner, less bulky OS.

sccdare18

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

im stuck on writing system... and on my phone is says "verified ext4 image!" then towards the bottom it says "FASTBOOT STATUS - flash;system" someone please help!!! ive been going at this all day and i rely on my phone a lot.... thank you.

prezzy

May 27, 2012
Visit site

Hi, Odin also did not work for me, i've tried fastboot method, after connecting NS4G to PC and running "unlock.bat" phrase saying "waiting for device" appears on the screen but cannot load anything... i've found on different sites that pdanet drivers could help to fix it, also i've enabled "USB debugging" option on my NS4G, after that "unlock.bat" and "install.bat" worked fine! Thank you!

Mine hangs here even after all of that. I'm currently rooted on 2.3.6 and it just sits. Computer doesn't want to see it as anything but a removable storage device (which it can't recognize either). Tried this on 2 different machines running both win7 32 and 64 bit, no dice. Funny thing is, it always picked up on my old DX just fine.

Any ideas?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

All comes down to communication issues... Somewhere along the way your device and computer just aren't communicating correctly. If Win 7 isn't working for you then if possible try and find someone that has a Vista or XP machine to use.. Win 7 is probably the hardest version of Windows yet to use run scripts, drviers, etc for smartphones...

Reactions: prezzy

roysha

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

I?m not sure if this is the right place for this & apologies for the long post, but I?ve been having some odd issues recently, and I?ve been running this 4.0.4 ?leak? since back in early April when I last asked questions on this thread.

Anyway, in the past week or two, I started having issues with my phone randomly rebooting?there doesn?t seem to be any rhyme or reason; I?ll just look at my phone and it?ll be sitting at the CWM boot menu. Once I select reboot it boots up just fine and all seems ok, but then it will randomly reboot again later on.

So, I thought there might be something up with this ?leaked? ROM and I reverted back to stock using the "[GUIDE] Restore to Stock/Unroot for the Nexus S 4g" thread. Spent last night backing up, reverting using the instructions, letting the OTA update install, and then reinstalling apps. Only odd things I noticed in that process is that it didn?t automatically pull down my previously installed apps (not a huge deal) and that it OTA?d directly from 2.3.4 (at least I think so, whatever is provided in the linked ?return to stock? package) to 4.0.4 and didn?t do the 2.3.7 intermediate update as I expected.

Things all looked good last night and this morning until a few minutes ago it looked like my phone had crashed or something. I looked over and there is an Android robot lying on his back with a door open on his chest and a red triangle with an exclamation point coming out of his chest. I Googled to see what that meant and from what I gather it indicates an issue with stock updates. While I was researching, the Android/red triangle image disappeared, my phone rebooted, and came back up ok. Now as I type this, it just did it again, so it looks like something is pretty hosed up with my phone.

Any ideas? This wouldn?t be an app I have installed causing the issue would it? It just seems odd that everything was running fine on my phone until a week or two ago and now it?s having the reboot issues, both with the ?leaked? 4.0.4 ROM from this thread and now after I?ve returned to stock and gotten the OTA 4.0.4 update.

Any help is greatly appreciated!