I need help deciding

Next Device

• Total voters

beedip

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My contract finishes Thanksgiving weekend and I am torn, I am debating between the Galaxy Nexus or the GS3. The GS3 seems more future proof, but is obviously not a Nexus. I will be rooting and using ROMS on either phone, but the quad-core just seems like a more advanced choice when compared.

So my question is, which would you all recommend for my next phone? I know this comes down to what I want to do but I would love some input to sway me in a better direction.

Thanks for the help!

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why anyone would go with a Galaxy Nexus right now unless they are getting it without a contract. Getting held down to this device for the next 20 months would be tough.

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
You could get the Optimus G. Same price as the S3, similar specs, and some cross-device nexus 4 support (being that it's the base model for the Nex4). Also, a bunch newer. Just a thought.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If I were in the market for only these two phones, I would definitely get the GSIII. This phone is hands down superior to the Nexus Galaxy. If you're looking for that "stock" look, you can easily get this by rooting and getting rid of Touchwiz. If you're in the market for a bigger phone, get the Note 2!

hi-tech34

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I was torn myself but ended up with an HTC EVO 4G LTE. The hardware is great and overall way better than my old Nexus S 4G.

hombre_jaguar

May 21, 2012
Visit site
just switched from ns 4g to S 3. So far the screen size was a shock but after being on it for a couple hours its nice! Like driving a mini and switching to a camry or something like that lol. The speed is noticably faster too!. Also switched back from sprint to tmobile. Hopefully the mrs and. I made the right choice :D

Sent from my S 3 using Android Central Forums

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
My contract finishes Thanksgiving weekend and I am torn, I am debating between the Galaxy Nexus or the GS3. The GS3 seems more future proof, but is obviously not a Nexus. I will be rooting and using ROMS on either phone, but the quad-core just seems like a more advanced choice when compared.

So my question is, which would you all recommend for my next phone? I know this comes down to what I want to do but I would love some input to sway me in a better direction.

Thanks for the help!

If you're using custom ROMs, the GS3 is about 2 years in the future compared to the Galaxy Nexus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buyonbudget