REQ: stock rooted rom

fixxxer1022

Banned
Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
my new nexus should be here by monday from best buy. do you guys think the devs will have it rooted and at least a stock rom we can flash? seems xda will not be making a cdma section to keep the roms separate from gsm. so ill come here for updates.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Word on XDA, is that with 2.3.4 the ROM's will work on both phones, with that latest update it includes the CDMA files in it by default now.

So if a ROM works on 2.3.4 on the T-Mobile Nexus-S, it can also be installed on our Sprint Nexus-S with no modifications needed.

So after 2.3.4 is on all the Nexus-S phones, they are exactly the same ROM and Theme wise.

fixxxer1022

Banned
Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Word on XDA, is that with 2.3.4 the ROM's will work on both phones, with that latest update it includes the CDMA files in it by default now.

So if a ROM works on 2.3.4 on the T-Mobile Nexus-S, it can also be installed on our Sprint Nexus-S with no modifications needed.

So after 2.3.4 is on all the Nexus-S phones, they are exactly the same ROM and Theme wise.

they won't be the same as we have wimax and the original does not. one is cdma and one is gsm. this is the same excuse we got at xda and personally i think it's bull until proven otherwise. they haven't even tested that theory yet and im not about to brick my device.

mattg67

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Guy's the nexus devices don't have to be rooted the same way other devices are, no need for a exploit to be discovered it's a simple command, flash a couple of files and done. Be patient instructions should be posted soon. And please don't try to flash a build from the GSM version it will not work ;)

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
It'll take a couple of weeks for a solid and separate support for the CDMA Nexus S, but we'll get it. Just wait for the device to get in the hands of us devs and other consumers. In due time my friend.