Speakerphone

Are you having an issue with your speakerphone on the Nexus S 4g echoing?

• Total voters

jtfishbein

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else getting complaints about an echo on the other end when using speakerphone. Don't wanna return the phone unless I have to. Anyone have any ideas on fixing it?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

jtfishbein

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm backing up everything now to try a hard reset. I hope that will help. I'll keep you posted. Crossing my fingers bc I don't want to return it to best buy...

jtfishbein

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I did a hard reset, but to no avail. Hope it is the network. I'll wait and see for a few days.

jtfishbein

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Going to be exchanging it tomorrow. Of course Best Buy doesn't have anymore. Hopefully, the next one won't do it. Had to unroot it, so it was a good learning experience.

jtfishbein

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Talked to Samsung and Sprint and their advice was to exchange it. They are so condescending when you talk to them about issues.

They can't confirm or deny it, but I expect better quality control from a manufacturer, as this could be a manufacturing defect.

I'm still hoping it is something that can be fixed through a software update as opposed to it being a hardware issue.

chris.coco

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Same issue with my Nexus S 4G and the echo problem. I am on the line with Samsung mobile support right now (1-888-987-4357) -- Samsung has no idea about the speakerphone issue but she did say that Samsung is releasing a bunch of updates to fix a lot of other issues. Ughh...

I might go into Sprint today and get another one...

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Same issue with my Nexus S 4G and the echo problem. I am on the line with Samsung mobile support right now (1-888-987-4357) -- Samsung has no idea about the speakerphone issue but she did say that Samsung is releasing a bunch of updates to fix a lot of other issues. Ughh...

I might go into Sprint today and get another one...

Hopefully the updates are released within a reasonable amount of time. Some of Samsungs updates take forever.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Is the phone on a table or just being held up in the air? I know why my gf uses her
speakerphone on the epic if the speaker is facing the table it echos. onces she turns
the phone over with the screen facing down its fine.

jtfishbein

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Is the phone on a table or just being held up in the air? I know why my gf uses her
speakerphone on the epic if the speaker is facing the table it echos. onces she turns
the phone over with the screen facing down its fine.

Does it no matter how it is held or placed, but BB just exchanged it no problem. Hopefully, this one will not have any issues.

Update: the new one is doing it also, so it's either a manufacturing defect or just needs a software update... I'm bummed as this is my first samsung product and I'm not too happy now.

Last edited:

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I've also noticed the speakerphone issue on mine.

An observation: seems to happen when I have the phone upside down on a hard surface, when on a softer surface (sofa) no complains from the other party.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I have only made 2 calls on speakerphone, but after getting complaints of terrible feedback and echo during each call, I have stopped using it altogether.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
What happens if you remove the back battery cover when using the speakerphone? Saw it mentioned somewhere that the problem seemed to go away which would suggest its a flaw with the battery cover design, possibly with the speaker holes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress