Where are my Gmail Contact Groups?

Alison M

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I've found this app on the play store which allows you to send emails to groups with gmail, it's very convenient.
Hope that helped.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apphero.groupgmail&hl=en

Bruce W1

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
I am using a OnePlus 3T and have experienced the problem of not being able to select groups when sending an email. The groups are all set up on my gmail account and worked on my previous android device.
Following your solution, I selected the contacts app but the contacts menu only has the options Groups, Spam and Settings.
If I select Groups, I get a list of groups for each of my gmail accounts but there are no check boxes to select particular groups.

ChrisFFM40

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. Does anyone have an answer to this? Or can anyone recommend an alternative app in which I can all contacts from a Google group when writing an email?

Thanks
Chris

I am using a OnePlus 3T and have experienced the problem of not being able to select groups when sending an email. The groups are all set up on my gmail account and worked on my previous android device.
Following your solution, I selected the contacts app but the contacts menu only has the options Groups, Spam and Settings.
If I select Groups, I get a list of groups for each of my gmail accounts but there are no check boxes to select particular groups.

JannyMaha

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
You can create an email and send to any or all members of your distribution list by going to:
->Contacts
->select Group (look on top of page)
->select the group to distribute email to
->select More (look on top of page)
->select Send email
->select individual contacts or "Select Contacts" for all.

You're welcome.

Now, if anybody can figure out how to *forward* an email to a distribution list I'd be forever grateful.

Thank you

Last edited:

sh0nuff

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
You can create an email and send to any or all members of your distribution list by going to:
->Contacts
->select Group (look on top of page)
->select More (look on top of page)
->select Send email
->select individual contacts or "Select Contacts" for all.

You're welcome.

Now, if anybody can figure out how to *forward* an email to a distribution list I'd be forever grateful.

Thank you

Again, this isn't universal for all devices. Not all address books have the "Groups" tab you refer to.

It's not supported by stock Android, so it's not helpful to most users

Bas de Bolster

Dec 13, 2017
Visit site
Again, this isn't universal for all devices. Not all address books have the "Groups" tab you refer to.

It's not supported by stock Android, so it's not helpful to most users

Actually, it is. If you follow the instructions and go to the Contacts app and hit the hamburger top left, there's your labels/groups. You will find you can send an e-mail to a group...

Still, this is not how we'd like to see it...

oh and running stock android on my Nexus 5/5x/9

hayesps@gmail.com

May 20, 2017
Visit site
WTH - We assigned Groups to our Contacts for a reason. Some ***** decides it's not necessary to be able to use the GROUP feature. I'm pissed - put it back! When we have so many Contacts, we have to find a way to locate what we're after. You invented features, they're still available, we need to be able to access them!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
WTH - We assigned Groups to our Contacts for a reason. Some ***** decides it's not necessary to be able to use the GROUP feature. I'm pissed - put it back! When we have so many Contacts, we have to find a way to locate what we're after. You invented features, they're still available, we need to be able to access them!

We aren't Google -- we didn't invent anything.

kbr2

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have a workaround for this? I saw some talk about a "contacts group," but I'm not quite sure how it works. You basically sent an email to one address and then it automatically was sent to the addresses associated with the contact group. If you have a big distro (like I do. greater than 200), you can file them all under the contact group and only one address counts against the send limit.

gaiuslove

May 7, 2018
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=83964&p=5813734&viewfull=1#post5813734

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=83964&p=6105889&viewfull=1#post6105889

My phone has a version of contacts (other than Google contacts (mentioned in the above 2 posts) which I later installed) that also lists my groups (in my case just my work email list). So to create an email that's sent to a group using my Samsung Galaxy Android 7.1.1 version of contacts:

->Contacts
->select Groups (within the three vertical dots on upper right corner of screen)
->select Send email (within the three vertical dots on upper right corner of screen)
->select individual contacts or select "All" for all contacts.
->select "DONE" (in upper right hand corner of screen)
->select an email app just once or as the default app if one hasn't already been selected as the default
The email message should now have the email list in the To field.

Brandon Stucki

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
Your Gmail app doesn't use groups. However, your Google contacts app does. Open Google contacts, click the menu symbol in the upper left corner. Your labels section will show your groups. Open your group, click the options dots in the upper right corner and choose "send email". This will open your Gmail app and add all the contacts in your group to a blank email ready to compose. You can do group texts as well. I love Google!

George2020

Apr 6, 2019
Visit site
To fwd to a group first create a dummy group email using the new group email techniques described here. Then just reply all to the dummy email previously emailed . For attachments, just download the attachment from wherever or whoever, and reattach to the group email.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch