Why I am leaving the Nexus....

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and decided to keep my Nexus, sorry but its hard to let go this beauty. Will just shut my mouth and wait for Google to update this beast.

Last edited:

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
For a Xprt?!?! Really?!?! You know its going to be super slow compared to your nexus and the screen is tiny right? You will regret it once they fix the signal issues. I would not trust anyone from any stores since most of them are clueless, an example is when I was at the verizon store, a customer was asking if the samsung fascinate would work when 4g comes. The sales man said yes ( no you cannot btw ). That's okay, you need to be on crappier devices to make you realize how great the nexus is.

Reactions: popularbelief

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
For a Xprt?!?! Really?!?! You know its going to be super slow compared to your nexus and the screen is tiny right? You will regret it once they fix the signal issues. I would not trust anyone from any stores since most of them are clueless, an example is when I was at the verizon store, a customer was asking if the samsung fascinate would work when 4g comes. The sales man said yes ( no you cannot btw ). That's okay, you need to be on crappier devices to make you realize how great the nexus is.

LOL yeah man, again I cant believe it either, and yes I know all my devices left and right, I am not interested in the Evo 3D, or the Photon, I am ready for a change, and XPRT fits it. As for the slowness, its not at all, they are both 1ghz. I will agree on the sales reps on any sptres, they are clueless when it comes to what they are actually selling, I tend find myself educating them on their own products when I go look at some phones LOL.

As for the Screen i thought it was going to be smalled but nope, I am comfortable with it, and I was surprised at how good the keyboard was! And I have big Hands!

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
...I will agree on the sales reps on any sptres, they are clueless when it comes to what they are actually selling, I tend find myself educating them on their own products when I go look at some phones LOL...

Yeah, makes you wonder why they get the commission instead of us... :cool:

This Moto is really picking my interest as it reminds me of the Treo(s) I used for so many years. Really tempted to pick up one just to play with for a couple of weeks. I will not discard my Nexus, but I certainly like the Moto form factor.

Hope this one works better for you.

Jeparisoe

May 11, 2011
Visit site
This seems backwards to me. My co-worker has the Droid Pro, which I understand is the same exact phone. He is seriously jealous of my Nexus S and feels like his Droid Pro was the wrong choice. We all make fun of him for being the only guy with a keyboard and a small screen.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
This seems backwards to me. My co-worker has the Droid Pro, which I understand is the same exact phone. He is seriously jealous of my Nexus S and feels like his Droid Pro was the wrong choice. We all make fun of him for being the only guy with a keyboard and a small screen.

It may be so if you are new to the smartphone arena... for someone like me who has owned multiple smartphones since the introduction of the Handspring Treo 270 (or a former long time BB user), it makes perfect sense.

If I were to pick the best smartphone I have ever owned it would be the Sprint Samsung SPH-i500 ~ look it up. Had a tiny screen and a clamshell design that looked and felt just like any other cellphone out there. Had Palm OS 4.1 was rock stable, had excellent battery life and worked as a phone/PDA remakably well. Second to that, the Treo 600.

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
i actually am a rep at a corporate store and i agree on the majority of them not knowing the extact specs. too many phones to know everything. but yes, the 2.3 on the nexus without bloat is going to be way faster. plus the hummingbird is a way better processor than the crapdragon

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, makes you wonder why they get the commission instead of us... :cool:

This Moto is really picking my interest as it reminds me of the Treo(s) I used for so many years. Really tempted to pick up one just to play with for a couple of weeks. I will not discard my Nexus, but I certainly like the Moto form factor.

Hope this one works better for you.

Have not discarded my NS4G yet but I might just keep it aside and get the Moto until I see an update and I too have owned mostly all types of smartphones from Windows to E71 to Curves to iPhones and of course Android and it might not make sense to some of you but to me its clear.

Sent from my Sexy Nexus 4G

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
i actually am a rep at a corporate store and i agree on the majority of them not knowing the extact specs. too many phones to know everything. but yes, the 2.3 on the nexus without bloat is going to be way faster. plus the hummingbird is a way better processor than the crapdragon

I can't be the only one that laughed here. The XPRT uses OMAP like the rest of the Motorola droid phones. I just find the combination here amusing :p

(Not making fun. Just thought it was funny)

draggenballs

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I don’t blame you. I checked it out myself and felt it was a nice phone. I think its kind of a no brainer to take the nexus s back. I got my phone on launch day for 199, took it back and they waved the restocking fee and reset my upgrade. I can now get it again in a few months if they fix the signal issues for 150 or just get something else if I chose. Either way it’s a win. The guy at the sprint store told me that they are getting more returns now than sales so the price may drop even more. I would think if this were just a software issue it would have been fixed buy now. I know the evo signal issue was fixed before the 30 day period was up. It’s kind of funny that I can get a nexus s for less than a year old evo 4g. They know that there is a real problem or they would not be dropping the price already.

Last edited:

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It may be so if you are new to the smartphone arena... for someone like me who has owned multiple smartphones since the introduction of the Handspring Treo 270 (or a former long time BB user), it makes perfect sense.

If I were to pick the best smartphone I have ever owned it would be the Sprint Samsung SPH-i500 ~ look it up. Had a tiny screen and a clamshell design that looked and felt just like any other cellphone out there. Had Palm OS 4.1 was rock stable, had excellent battery life and worked as a phone/PDA remakably well. Second to that, the Treo 600.

Wow. You have just proven that the problem is NOT the Nexus S. It's you.

My history with smartphones goes back as far as yours. I can't imagine trying to go back to using one of those clunky, slow, poor resolution phones. I think you've just gotten spoiled, and are forgetting how far we have come. Don't forget too, that you would need to forgo the following features, at the very least: Bluetooth, wifi, camera, predictive text, GPS, and on and on and on.

kra2y

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Everybody likes what they like. I don't tell everyone my evolution is the best phone just that i am happy with it. Droid pro is perfect for people that like blackberrys. I can't stand outdated blackberrys personally. But alot of people like them. To each his own

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Everybody likes what they like. I don't tell everyone my evolution is the best phone just that i am happy with it. Droid pro is perfect for people that like blackberrys. I can't stand outdated blackberrys personally. But alot of people like them. To each his own

Yeah but the best part is that its not Blackberry ...its Android

Sent from my Sexy Nexus 4G

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

^ this

That's why some people go running back to Blackberry from Android. People vary wildly in their likes/needs, which is why it's nice to have so many choices.

rc28a

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

FALSE. my wife has the XPRT and it is just as fast as the nexus for normal use. The screen is smaller but the flip side is she can ACTUALLY MAKE CALLS THAT DON'T DROP AND CONNECT TO 3G AND WIFI WITHOUT DROPPING. Can't do that with nexus with all its bells and whistles. The android experience on the 4G is great but you can't do what a phone is suppose to do then what is the point?!?

Major complaint on the XPRT is there is no cases. The droid pro cases do not fit, the screen is slightly bigger and phone is slightly bigger.

I'm 2 days past my 30 days and I'm stuck, looks like I'll drop the phone on ebay and get the EVO or XPRT

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo