Mac OS X USB Tethering made easy with EasyTether (Paid App)

bobbykarate

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
First off - I am running Android 2.3.4, EasyTether 0.9.3, and Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

When I first got my Nexus S, I kept reading it wasn't possible to tether it to a Mac but refused to believe it. Then, I came across EasyTether. Once you have the App (about $9.99 on android market), all you need to do is download the driver for your computer. To find the driver, just google "easytether drivers" and you will find a link to their website with drivers available to download for:

Windows 7/Vista/XP
Mac OS X 10.4+ (up to 10.7)
Ubuntu 10.4+
Fedora 13+

Once I downloaded/installed the driver on my MacBook, nothing happened. Don't panic, this is normal. Once the installer is finished, nothing will pop-up, but all the necessary system files are installed. I believe I restarted my computer after this point although there was no notification requiring it.

Now, simply connect your device to your Mac and open EasyTether on your device. You will see an option to "Enable USB Tethering," select it. For a first time connect, your Mac should most likely display a pop-up saying something like "found new network connection" or something of that matter. Anyway, go to Network Preferences on your Mac and you will now see a new network connection labeled "EasyTether." Make sure it's connected and you're good to go!