possible call audio issue fix

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
hey guys i think i have found out what is causing the phone call sound issues. In network settings you have the ability to set network mode to four options:

sprint only
any CDMA
any GSM/UMTS
Automatic

i believe the photon comes with automatic set to default. I can't remember exactly cause on the first day i set it to any CDMA. Then i went to CDMA roaming settings and made sure that domestic call and domestic data were check. In roaming guards i made sure everything was check except the two boxes in domestic roaming since we don't pay for roaming on sprint.

with this setup i never had any issues until i read a blog post saying that setting network mode to automatic may increase speeds. i tried this and starting having call problems. Soon as i switched back to any CDMA and made sure everything was set where i had it before i have not had the problem happen again.

i do hear that the problem is fixed in the MR3 that we shhould be getting OTA soon but this may help till then.

let me know:)

Last edited:

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Default setting on mine was "Sprint only" Being an over the road trucker, I changed the setting to Automatic, with domestic call and data checked. I have never had any call problems on mine.....

aptmx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking into this for quite some time.

It seems every Photon comes with it set to Any CDMA by default. Regardless of what you set this to, when you upgrade your profile it always will set it back to Any CDMA.

Most people report the most success by using Automatic.

However, every Photon on display in Sprint stores (have been to 4 different stores) is set to Sprint Only.

Just my thoughts.

aptmx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
This was posted by a Sprint Tech over on the Sprint Photon Forums:

"Hello!
We have identified this issue and an upcoming software update should get this issue resolved on a permanent basis. The estimate for this update is that it will be out towards the middle of this month.

In the mean time, it should be only be on a per call basis, meaning that hanging up and trying again should correct the problem. If not, turning it off then back on again may get it corrected."

Source = Sprint Community: People Unable to hear me when I call

I hope it's true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol