Photon Market error

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so my girlfriend has the photon, and recently the android market on her phone started requiring wifi instead of 3g. I usually reset the market for her since it barely works as it is. But this time, I reset it and now nothing downloads or updates (on 3g). Care to help? And she won't let me root it... just saying.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps?:

Settings->Battery & data manager->Data delivery->Data enabled [check]

This should allow data over the phone network.

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so my girlfriend has the photon, and recently the android market on her phone started requiring wifi instead of 3g. I usually reset the market for her since it barely works as it is. But this time, I reset it and now nothing downloads or updates (on 3g). Care to help? And she won't let me root it... just saying.

- sounds like settings and/or bad app but u need to eliminate all possible causes

so here are more suggestions;

- should not have to reset market so do this;

- battery pull 5 minutes (can be down after any issue anyways, it can be just 10 secs but i prefer 5 mins)
- triple check all settings using manual
- possibly a bad app, try to uninstall any recent apps / delete cache, shut down, batt pull

- if all above fails do fdr with power & volume keys, if u don't know fdr search steps for it
- test phone after fdr, go to market to test, but don't dl any apps, test phone for a day, add one app a day & test for a day (to see if app or hardware issue)

- photon should be able to do market on wifi/3g & 4g

i know its pain in butt, butt thats how its done, sprint store will do the same

my photon is the best phone i ever had!

hope that helps u :D

Reactions: Downtown Taco

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, everything is working just fine now. I'm not sure what the issue was, or what she did, but it is working just fine now. Still, thank you. If she screws up her phone again atleast I'll be able to get help quickly ^_^