Incoming Text Issues

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have been experiencing an issue with my Photon for some time now. The problem is I do not get ~90% of my incoming text messages unless I power cycle the phone. It usually takes 15 to 20 minutes after the power cycle and then I get flooded with the texts I haven't received. This has becoming quite an annoyance to say the least as I find myself having to do this two or three times a day so I do not miss an important message.

I read online that a whole lot of others with the Photon are having this issue, yet Sprint nor Motorola will acknowledge it as an issue and attempt to fix it. When I initially contacted Sprint the lady tried to tell me that it was an issue everyone was having and it would be fixed by the end of the weekend. When I called back a week later it was suggested I do a Hard Reset of the phone, but this doesn't seem to do the trick from what I have read. Anyone else having this problem or have any suggestions outside of doing a Hard Reset to resolve this?

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Nope, I have not had the text issue. Had my original MoPho since drop day 07/31. But I've been using Handcent SMS app on all my Android devices.

You may have something installed, that is making your SMS app constipated till you do a reboot. A factory reset (hard reset) may be the only way to fix the problem....