*Warning* - Scramble With Friends (kills phone sounds)

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
See that's my point though, it's unlikely we all had different apps made by the same dev which would all have the same flaw in the apk. It's more probable the issue lies with the OS and is being exposed by circumstances through various apps by various developers. With that logic, it would reason the OEM needs to patch as opposed to an unknown number of developers.

That is my line of thought though, could be completely off base. Also worth noting is it may be related to an update of one of the core gapps because I just experienced this issue for the first time and haven't installed a new app in a few weeks.

I would agree with that assessment. Might this be fixed when/if we get ICS later this year?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I would agree with that assessment. Might this be fixed when/if we get ICS later this year?

If it's software specific i can guarantee it would be fixed, even if only 5 of us ever had the issue and moto never knew, it would be fixed by default.

With previous builds (mostly) what would happen is when the source code was updated the OEMs would merge it into each device specific source they maintained internally, work with the chip manufacturers for drivers, chase down bugs from the official source that are device specific, trouble shoot bugs specific to their proprietary code, then work with the carrier for network certification, and FINALLY release it to the masses. Thats why updates typically take forever. Thats also why asus was able to get ICS out to the transformers so quick because they don't have proprietary code to troubleshoot and no carrier to certify.

ICS is such a drastic departure from previous builds that a merge would actually take longer than just starting over from a clean ICS source. It's not just the UI changes but theres significant changes under the hood like the hardware acceleration and much much more.

All that rambling above translates to this ..... any bugs introduced by OEMs in GB will likely be corrected because they are probably starting with a clean slate. The flip side of the coin is most OEMs will just introduce new bugs lol!!!

Sorry for the long winded reply but hopefully it was a good read. Cheers!

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Just for the record, got an update today and I don't know what for, but not having any issues atm

Swyped from my Photon using t-talk 2

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Just for the record, got an update today and I don't know what for, but not having any issues atm

Swyped from my Photon using t-talk 2

Update on SWF? Please let us know if it continues to be OK. I'm so nervous to reinstall since my phone is my alarm clock.

michmunch

May 2, 2012
Visit site
SWF had a sound issue after I'd completed a game. Adjusting the volume via settings & pressing the volume buttons at the side of my Sony Xperia S did nothing to restore the sound function in SWF.

What I did was to exit SWF and manually press the volume buttons at the side of my phone once more before loading SWF again. Hey, presto! Sound had been restored in SWF.

I hope this may be of help. It may not work for all but gives you yet another option. :)

gbean

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
SWF kills all sound on my stock E4GT, unless I go to the task manager and kill the process.
I am on the very latest version, still does it most of the time.

Kamatchi Devi

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I haven't install SWF player but am having the same problem not receiving notifications/alarms/ringers and no media sounds.How to resolve the issue.It will be thankfl if you give an idea.Thanks.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Uninstall any apps you have recently installed. Then install them (slowly) one by one. A few days between? And see which app may be the culprit.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't install SWF player but am having the same problem not receiving notifications/alarms/ringers and no media sounds.How to resolve the issue.It will be thankfl if you give an idea.Thanks.

I've had this problem and just rebooting the phone works. And I don't have SWF installed on the phone.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
There are done other apps that cause this to happen...

You can download app Dragon app lister and post your apps and I can see if anything comes to light, but no guarantees...

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38