Galaxy S4 video playback - HORRIBLE quality!!

Megwhit86

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Any video I try to watch on my s4 had horrible playback quality! Facebook videos, YouTube videos, even the videos I upload myself and try to watch back are so blurry! I know about the HQ button on YouTube videos but even after switching it on, the quality is still awful. Is there some setting I don't have turned on?? HELP!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gar82

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I am having every problem you are having and can't seem to find any settings to change this. Have you solved the problem yet. I have just changed from iPhone to galaxy and never had this problem with the iPhone, considering changing back if this is not sorted I'm not paying ?550 for a phone off I can't steam a few videos on it

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
3G still haven't fixed this problem yet.

Are you saying that "3G hasn't fixed the problem"? or did you mean that the problem is on 3G, and the problem hasn't been fixed?

Are you having this issue on a fast WiFi connection as well? How about local video? (the video that you captured on your phone, and uploaded - if you watch the local copy, is it still blurry?)
Trying to isolate the problem to see if your screen is bad, or if network connectivity issues are causing the problem.

My S4 is working fine - no issues with video quality - netflix/youtube/etc - all stream beautifully (even SD video on youtube is pretty clear). Local video works great as well.
Streaming HQ video on 3g is slow (and buffers often), but picture quality is still good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana