Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 - Official Android 4.3 Update Discussion

evilfantasy

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Tulsa, OK. Sprint Galaxy S4. OTA just came through.

Sprint Galaxy S4.png

Total time for the update was around 10 minutes (Wifi).

SC2.png

I didn't try any "tricks" to get the update. It was pushed to me by Sprint.

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Got my update from Sprint yesterday. All went smoothly. Battery usage seems normal. Only problem, Clipper doesn't work. Clipper sent out a notice that they are working on a fix.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Got my update from Sprint yesterday. All went smoothly. Battery usage seems normal. Only problem, Clipper doesn't work. Clipper sent out a notice that they are working on a fix.

Have you found any problems?

I have to turn off and on the WiFi most of the time so my phone can reconnect with known networks.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

I have to turn off and on the WiFi most of the time so my phone can reconnect with known networks.

I've only had this happen once but it was after I came home from being out of town for a few days

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I've only had this happen once but it was after I came home from being out of town for a few days

Dang! For me it's an ongoing thing that doesn't bother me much but still, it should not be happening. 😡

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Dang! For me it's an ongoing thing that doesn't bother me much but still, it should not be happening. 😡

You're handling it much better than I would be lol. I have no patience for that kind of thing.

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I had that problem, occasionally before the update, but only infrequently now when I change locations. Not enough to be annoying.

One thing, and this may be a sprint upgrade in my location, it now says 4G LTE on the status bar, where before it was 3G and only occasionally 4G (no LTE).

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
You're handling it much better than I would be lol. I have no patience for that kind of thing.

It just nags me a bit and it only takes a couple of seconds to turn the WiFi off then back on.

I'm a little lazy and don't want to back up to factory reset the phone to see if that fixes it. :D

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I had that problem, occasionally before the update, but only infrequently now when I change locations. Not enough to be annoying.

One thing, and this may be a sprint upgrade in my location, it now says 4G LTE on the status bar, where before it was 3G and only occasionally 4G (no LTE).

Before the 4.3 update whenever you had 4G it would not say LTE.
Now the 3G and 4G numbers and letters are bigger and the 4G adds LTE to its side.

I'm glad you're getting LTE. Check the speeds and post them here. 👍😃

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
That link takes you nowhere. ��

Strange, it works on my Chrome browser. I am posting from my pc. That is a Facebook link. Had to use it because posting screenshots on the android site only works once in a while from my S4, even before the upgrade. Anyway here are the specs:
Ping 90ms Download 20.5 Mbps Upload 5.8 Mbps

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Strange, it works on my Chrome browser. I am posting from my pc. That is a Facebook link. Had to use it because posting screenshots on the android site only works once in a while from my S4, even before the upgrade. Anyway here are the specs:
Ping 90ms Download 20.5 Mbps Upload 5.8 Mbps

This is what it says
1384898347111.jpg
Anyway, those are pretty good speeds for Sprint.

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
OK, I wasn't doubting that you couldn't bring it up, but maybe it only works on a computer?
Wish I knew why copying and pasting images is so problematic on my S4. No problems with text.

Posted via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
OK, I wasn't doubting that you couldn't bring it up, but maybe it only works on a computer?
Wish I knew why copying and pasting images is so problematic on my S4. No problems with text.

Posted via Android Central App

Lol! I normally use my Galaxy S4 to post here, really easy to post pictures from there. :thumbup::D

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

djdonnyk

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
When I open my favorites instead off the numbers being mixed up all my saved favorites are on top, I love this feature!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member