Anyone with new LTE device in Chicagoland area?

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Well it seems the network is back to its usual sucky self. Back to dial-up like speeds, missed a bunch of calls.

Really trying to roll with this but it's getting hard.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Well it seems the network is back to its usual sucky self. Back to dial-up like speeds, missed a bunch of calls.

Really trying to roll with this but it's getting hard.

Seems so. I was missing calls left and right yesterday here in elgin. Calls weren't even making it to my phone. I was just being notified that I have a new voicemail. Not to mention the 3g speeds are in the low double digits of kbps. Argh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RawisTheGameHhH

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Seems so. I was missing calls left and right yesterday here in elgin. Calls weren't even making it to my phone. I was just being notified that I have a new voicemail. Not to mention the 3g speeds are in the low double digits of kbps. Argh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

you've only been experiencing it for a day? i have for about a month; i have called them many times and they do nothing

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
One day folks... Maybe one day we will see Sprint get it right....

Our luck does run great don't it? Chicago happens to be the only city so far that has been having all these difficulties upgrading from this older legacy Motorola equipment to the newer dare I say it.. "Samsung" equipment...

RawisTheGameHhH

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
One day folks... Maybe one day we will see Sprint get it right....

Our luck does run great don't it? Chicago happens to be the only city so far that has been having all these difficulties upgrading from this older legacy Motorola equipment to the newer dare I say it.. "Samsung" equipment...

i understand that; but at least offer me a credit instead of saying there are no open tickets or wait a week it should clear up

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
i understand that; but at least offer me a credit instead of saying there are no open tickets or wait a week it should clear up
I'm surprised they are giving you a hassle on that. I called and complained back a few weeks ago and was issues a 25% credit for the last two months on my bills. Totaled out to $75 instant credit on my account.

Here was the first the first bill it appeared on, a few days later they credited the remaining $45 to my next billing cycle.

attachment.php

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Although my frustration level is at an all-time high, my experience with the CS reps I've spoken with (7 times) has been excellent. I've experienced all the same issues you guys have with my phone, but also with my aircard (can't even connect to WiMax). The latest word is that some of the towers have been converted/upgraded, but they're not open yet because they're being monitored/tested to make sure all is well before they're put online. So we just have to be patient. By the way, I was given $100 in total credits for my inconvenience.

(Aside) After a round of golf in St. John's Indiana, we stopped in the McDonald's off 394. I was able to pay for our meals using Google Wallet and the LTE signal was super strong and faster than fast. So I think we're going to be very happy when LTE finally hits the city.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I just used my daughters upgrades on their lines so I'm here for another 2 years :)

I live mostly on wifi so its not as big of an issue to me, but that still is not excuse for the service. It will get better, it has too at this point I don't think it can get any worse....

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
you've only been experiencing it for a day? i have for about a month; i have called them many times and they do nothing

No i have been having issues for months. But the past two weeks seemed as though the call aspect of it was acting normal until yesterday for me

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

RawisTheGameHhH

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
i am 20 minutes from home to work; if i make a call from my house it will drop at least 3 times and i can guarantee exactly where it will 2 times

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I've been reading up on updates from local customers, etc at s4gru.com on the LTE deployment and upgrades here... Its going folks, unfortunately were just not seeing it in some of are areas....

Seems sporadic on the roll out. I have even read there have been as much as 60 confirmed connections to the new CDMA 800 Mhz frequency once occupied by the Nextels. So that is one good sign they have cleared enough Nextels off the 800 Mhz frequency to start rolling that part of Network Vision into play in some areas of Chicago.

FWIW I've been seeing screen shots of speedtests varying between 8,000 kbps to as much as 30,000 kbps/Down and 4,000 + on uploads with pings around 50 on average...

So its looking better as they power up more in Chicago..

RawisTheGameHhH

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I've been reading up on updates from local customers, etc at s4gru.com on the LTE deployment and upgrades here... Its going folks, unfortunately were just not seeing it in some of are areas....

Seems sporadic on the roll out. I have even read there have been as much as 60 confirmed connections to the new CDMA 800 Mhz frequency once occupied by the Nextels. So that is one good sign they have cleared enough Nextels off the 800 Mhz frequency to start rolling that part of Network Vision into play in some areas of Chicago.

FWIW I've been seeing screen shots of speedtests varying between 8,000 MB to as much as 30,000 MB/Down and 4,000 + on uploads with pings around 50 on average...

So its looking better as they power up more in Chicago..

i have seen these as well; but telling me there are no issues in my area is 100% ridiculous

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree on the issues.. Its no secret there is issues and Sprint knows it... I think just getting the luck of the draw on CS reps when we call in is the problem. Some are willing to go thru the process of issuing a complaint and credit refund while others feel that is too much to ask from them..

RawisTheGameHhH

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I agree on the issues.. Its no secret there is issues and Sprint knows it... I think just getting the luck of the draw on CS reps when we call in is the problem. Some are willing to go thru the process of issuing a complaint and credit refund while others feel that is too much to ask from them..

hows the coverage by you; im out in new lenox for work and its not the greatest but at least the texts are going through; a few weeks back it would take me up to 5 times to send a text message

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
hows the coverage by you; im out in new lenox for work and its not the greatest but at least the texts are going through; a few weeks back it would take me up to 5 times to send a text message
Comes and goes in south end of Plainfield... Text messages seem to work fine but sending pics is a 50/50 shot most of the time...

Signal strength on 3g is decent but the speeds are very inconsistant... One min I'm getting reasonable 200-500 speeds or better, 5 mins later I'm down to dial up....

4g (WiMax) is decent when I get into 4g range... My daughter has a Sprint GNex and were not picking up a 4G/LTE signal here at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38