SGS3 off contract or wait

jebba

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I really want the SIII from sprint (currently using the epic with CM9) but my upgrade isn't until February. Would it be worth it to buy the SIII off contract for $600+ with tax or wait for the next best thing?

I know that I can always sell my SIII when my upgrade comes if there is a better phone, but don't want to wait. Any advice or rumors of new sprint phones that would be worth waiting for? Thanks in advance.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I went through the same decision. Check craigslist. I got a brand new white S3 for $350 from someone off there in my area..

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Call and ask how much it would be to buy out your contract I believe it is $50 for the last 6 months, at least that's what they told me. But definitely call and ask how much to end your contract either right now or if it will drop to the 50 soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Dickey68

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
It depends. Can you afford it? To some people the price of a phone is like eating at MC Donald's. Do you live in a Wimax or lte area? When are you getting lte? These are the questions.. I have an epic touch now, i'm up right now for an up grade, and I don't even want a gs3. I live in a Wimax area, and won't get lte tool late next year. I would wait, a gs3 isn't all that. Not 600 bucks worth. It's not even a quad core... And by Feb there's going to be quads with lte. I'm not buying anything except a nexus from now on after this latest turbockle Samsung has done with there software update on my phone..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Dickey68

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Buy a used epic touch off Ebay for 200 bucks. Use it for a few. When you get your up grade sell the thing and get most of your money back. And buy then you will at least almost have lte and the newest phone. Probably a sg4 or 5.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez