New Sprint Plans

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone seen the new Sprint plans? They don't seem to offer much in terms of cost savings, but I'm a fan of the structure. I hope this is indicative of the direction the industry is taking in terms of plan structure.

leaked_sprint.jpg

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking the one big downside is for those with corporate discounts. The portion they discount will possibly be less with the new plans.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
As with most restructurings we've seen, the biggest benefit will go to accounts with more lines. Savings for a single line aren't drastic.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using Tapatalk 2

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
As with most restructurings we've seen, the biggest benefit will go to accounts with more lines. Savings for a single line aren't drastic.

That's what I'm referring to. I have 4 lines with them at present. I get a 23% discount because of my employer. The way that Sprint does the discount is they only discount for 1 line. Right now with the share everything plan the first two lines are $130. They end up giving a discount on a percentage of about $90 of that. The way the new pricing structure looks to be setup, I have a feeling the amount of that discount will be less.

Plus, if I figure out the cost of the new plans for my 4 lines to have unlimited data (which I currently have) I'd be paying more. Yes, at present I have 1500 shared minutes but have unlimited mobile to mobile on any carrier, so the unlimited minutes on the new plans isn't a big incentive for me to switch to them.

So from what I can see, I intend to hold onto my current plan as long as I can.

My present plan is the share everything data family 1500:
$130 for first 2 lines (includes data for both)
the other two lines are $30 ea (including the data charge)

New plans the pricing would be:

line 1 - $50
line 2 - $40
line 3 - $30
line 4 - $20

plus $30 x 4 for unlimited data for each

The only thing the new plan would give me is completely unlimited minutes

Edit: So I think I initially misunderstood the plan a bit. I'm thinking the pricing for each additional line is the same for each additional line depending on the number of lines you have. So I have 4 lines:

Since i have a total of 4 lines each additional is $20 (if I had 3 lines each additional would be $30, etc...)

So the breakdown for me is:

line 1 - $50
line 2 - $20
line 3 - $20
line 4 - $20

toal of $110

Then $30 for unlimited data for each line for a toal of $230.

It's still cheaper for me to keep my existing plan by about $40

Last edited:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
It's cheaper and better with the plans they have now!

I would have to pay double with this new plan of what I pay now! Hell no! :mad:

If they try to put my account in this new plan I'll just move my 5 lines to T-Mobile!

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Savings? What savings? I'd rather keep my 92 a month (after taxes) then pay 110 before.

With unlimited mobile to any mobile there is no reason for me to grab unlimited landline minutes.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

slab0meat

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd save a few dollars.. I'm simply on a one-line plan, 450 + unlimited, with AAA discount (and have been too lazy to cancel phone insurance). Minimal savings, but would, nonetheless.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Are they changing the way current plans are structured. Like they did a few months ago. If so that's ground for etc free cancelations

Posted via Android Central App

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Are they changing the way current plans are structured. Like they did a few months ago. If so that's ground for etc free cancelations

I don't think so, it mentions in some of the marketing spiel that existing customers can switch to the new plans.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site

It's only grounds if they don't grandfather your old plan.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
No Sprint turned up the greedy level , At least Verizon & ATT data speed is reliable....yes the caps come into play but hey the data works unlike most of sprints network.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Well from what the article said, they won't be forcing current customers onto the new plans like Verizon may be doing with the remainder of their unlimited plans.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
what I want to see is Sprint go with something like the "Jump" that T-mobile has started. The way I understand it you pay a bit more per month and that entitles you to upgrade phones every six months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress