How long till a root is available?

916x10

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I think it's gonna be another month or so, it still doesn't have a forum on XDA and nobody is really checking for this phone, although i'm not sure why. It's a sleeper for sure!

916x10

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
i hope root comes soon... took forever on the original atrix...
Well, considering XDA still doesn't have a forum for it and not many people are talking about this phone it's starting to look like dejavu all over again.

That being said, this phone is sweet as it is! Very fast and snappy, display is lovely and even though it's not rooted you can still modify it quite a bit actually. Here's a few screenshots of a few mods I've done

1319932617758.png

1319932440956.png

1319742713548.png

1319931907418.png

1319931896795.png

I'm using the ICS launcher, WidgetLocker w/ICS themed slider, SimiClock widget, Battery circle mod widget, and custom app launcher dock icons via DesktopVisualizer. All screenshots taken via ScreenGrabber

Last edited:

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
believe you me i am tempted to just bite the dang bullet or say the hell with it because it is becoming a pain in the rear:)

CrazyCamel369#AC

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, considering XDA still doesn't have a forum for it and not many people are talking about this phone it's starting to look like dejavu all over again.

I'm using the ICS launcher, WidgetLocker w/ICS themed slider, SimiClock widget, Battery circle mod widget, and custom app launcher dock icons via DesktopVisualizer. All screenshots taken via ScreenGrabber

Nice setup but how long does the battery last with all that?

916x10

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Nice setup but how long does the battery last with all that?
I just put my phone on the charger after about 26hrs and still had 30% left. I never worry about battery power, it'll last all day easily unless you're putting in work on wifi or data for hours at a time.

JRW 28

May 31, 2011
Visit site
916x10, where did you get your dock icons? Have tried searching everywhere to no avail. Was hoping they came with the ICS launcher but they didn't ....

916x10

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
916x10, where did you get your dock icons? Have tried searching everywhere to no avail. Was hoping they came with the ICS launcher but they didn't ....
Nope, not stock ICS launcher icons. The phone icon is from the XHDPI ICS launcher icons posted on XDA. The text icon I found online, it's actually from the BlackBerry I believe, but it's here. The web (earth) icon also came from the XHDPI icon pack and the camera icon came from this app. I used the app called "DesktopVisualizer" to make said icons open the app I wanted them to. Very useful app, it allows you to edit the app labels on your desktop as well....I hated having lables cut off, this lets you fix that, and does alot of other stuff too. Check it out.

Guys take a look at this thread over on XDA, looks like we are getting somewhere!!
Ideas to root Atrix 2? - xda-developers
Nice! WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!