Getting My Atrix 2 Friday. Questions

seancolon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have been up in the air about what phone to get since im finaly switching from iphone 3gs. I was always leaning toward the Atrix2 but was waiting until the HTC Vivid came out... Its a nice phone but to heavy..

Questions:
1) If I get the Atrix2 and Root it does that allow the download/install of Paid apps for free Like a jailbreak on the iphone?

2) Is the user interface on the Artix2 comparible or better then that of the Iphone.

3) What are current Atrix2 owners Pros and Cons in a nut shell, ive read about SD car issues, and loss of sound at times when recording video.. Are thre any major bomb shells that will ruine my first experience on the Android scene???

Thanks in advanced..

916x10

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have been up in the air about what phone to get since im finaly switching from iphone 3gs. I was always leaning toward the Atrix2 but was waiting until the HTC Vivid came out... Its a nice phone but to heavy..

Questions:
1) If I get the Atrix2 and Root it does that allow the download/install of Paid apps for free Like a jailbreak on the iphone?

2) Is the user interface on the Artix2 comparible or better then that of the Iphone.

3) What are current Atrix2 owners Pros and Cons in a nut shell, ive read about SD car issues, and loss of sound at times when recording video.. Are thre any major bomb shells that will ruine my first experience on the Android scene???

Thanks in advanced..
1.) No...you can do that even without being rooted :)
2.) Subjective....but IMO, way better!!!
3.) The bootloader is locked. And it's not looking very promising that it's gonna get unlocked anytime soon. Until it gets unlocked we can not run custom roms or kernels which would allow us to unlock the true potential of the phone.

I love my Atrix 2, don't get me wrong, but had I known that having a locked bootloader would prevent me from flashing a rom to it I probably would have gotten a different device. But I didn't look in to it at all because my previous phone, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 also had a locked bootloader but I was able to flash roms and kernels to it with no problem so I just assumed the same was true with this phone. Wrong! But with Go Launcher I have been able to mod my phone to my liking and there's really not much I can't do with this phone that rooting and flashing custom roms allowed me to do on my previous phone. And now that my sdcard issue seems to have been rectified (knock on wood) I am happy with it as is and look forward to ICS (I don't know anything anyone else doesn't already, just wishful thinking).

seancolon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok not to sound dumb , but again im going from a jailbroke phone to the Atrix2 how do you get apps such as angry birds (sorry its my wifes favorite game) Im new to the scene and just want to get a heads up of the ins and outs..

JRW 28

May 31, 2011
Visit site
You can get pretty much any app you want from the market. All you need to do is the initial setup and your ready to start downloading all the apps you want.

916x10

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok not to sound dumb , but again im going from a jailbroke phone to the Atrix2 how do you get apps such as angry birds (sorry its my wifes favorite game) Im new to the scene and just want to get a heads up of the ins and outs..
There are free versions available in the Market. Unlike Apple, we can also install apps to our phone without having to go through the market and without rooting the phone, should you happen to stumble upon the apk file for said app. I cant discuss on the board how you'd stumble upon said apk's but I have a feeling you can figure that out pretty easily.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk