Atrix lagging......what can I do?

Tenacious--M

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the Gingerbread update my phone has had a noticable amount of lag. This occurs between screens, apps, button presses and even typing. Sometimes it wont do anything for a couple of seconds and then type the whole word I was trying to type.

I have also noticed a very long boot time when I power it off and back on. Takes several minutes...

My phone is rooted with Gingerblur.

Any ideas of what I can do to fix this?

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
the boot time thing isn't a big deal unless it sits booting foreve but a few seconds its all good.You should do a factory reset.

Install CWM and do a backup of your rom.Then do a factory reset and restore maybe that helps.

Reactions: Tenacious--M

Tenacious--M

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
the boot time thing isn't a big deal unless it sits booting foreve but a few seconds its all good.You should do a factory reset.

Install CWM and do a backup of your rom.Then do a factory reset and restore maybe that helps.

Thank you! Will that back up all of my data (settings/ pictures/ music / apps / etc..?)

dtc100

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
My phone has the exact same issues since a few days ago. The Gingerbread update was about a month ago though.

I called the Moto support, they said I needed a master reset which will erease all my apps and pics. Is this the only way to go?

My phone is not rooted.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
My phone has the exact same issues since a few days ago. The Gingerbread update was about a month ago though.

I called the Moto support, they said I needed a master reset which will erease all my apps and pics. Is this the only way to go?

My phone is not rooted.

Try using it for a while before you Factory-Reset it
I'd a similar issues with my old Milestone when i got the FroYo update , but went a way after a while

I don't know if it will work with the ATRIX (I don't have GB yet) , but it worth the try

JBodine

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine just started the same thing a few days ago. Haven't added anything new to it either when it started. Really curious what is up before I have to reset it.