Battery Life Issues

Brademcee

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I am perplexed. With the 1950mah battery and all of the reviews saying how great the battery life is, I am barley getting past a half day on a full charge. I would consider myself an advanced user of Android as this is my 7th android phone that I have tried/used in the last 3 years.

This is my first Motoblur phone and I was expecting better battery life then all of my other phones running sense or touchwiz (excluding vanilla android).

I have a couple email accounts set up 3 imap, gmail and 1 exchange. Push is enabled with 1 hr sync for non push accounts. I am running beautiful widgets with 3 hr sync, motoblur twitter widget, Motoblur Facebook widget, Yahoo Sportsspectacular widget, google voice and Trillian.

I also notice that the phone is running a little warm.

So do I have a bad phone or is battery life on par with what everyone else is experiencing?

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I am perplexed. With the 1950mah battery and all of the reviews saying how great the battery life is, I am barley getting past a half day on a full charge. I would consider myself an advanced user of Android as this is my 7th android phone that I have tried/used in the last 3 years.

This is my first Motoblur phone and I was expecting better battery life then all of my other phones running sense or touchwiz (excluding vanilla android).

I have a couple email accounts set up 3 imap, gmail and 1 exchange. Push is enabled with 1 hr sync for non push accounts. I am running beautiful widgets with 3 hr sync, motoblur twitter widget, Motoblur Facebook widget, Yahoo Sportsspectacular widget, google voice and Trillian.

I also notice that the phone is running a little warm.

So do I have a bad phone or is battery life on par with what everyone else is experiencing?

get launcher pro or adw and see if that fixes it

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Also make sure your display is set to the automatic brightness level. I have widgets on my home screens that dont actually update (except for beautiful widgets). When you have widgets that sync for whatever time, it drains the battery quicker. Try to have the least amount of widgets that sync as possible. And set that display to auto. That should help out your battery life. Also, check your Task Manager and see what constantly might be running that your not using. The battery drops in increments of 10 with a battery widget. The last couple of days I started my phone at 6am with a full charge. And by 11pm at night, its at 30% with moderate use.