Atrix Update: Version 4.1.57 ......

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So some of you probably already know that Motorola is pushing out an a 17MB fix for some issues. They are:

-Bluetooth Improved multimedia experience with Bluetooth devices as well as the ability to use phone with additional headsets
-Fingerprint reader Improved fingerprint reader performance
-Battery Improved battery performance for longer battery life
-Screen Display will turn off automatically now while charging directly on wall charger
-Phone stability Improved stability resulting in fewer occurrences of touch unresponsiveness and/or programs quitting unexpectedly.
-Car dock Improved performance of car dock and 3.5mm Jack

I cant say personally that I have had an issues with either addressed cliffnote. But I will say that once running, everything seems more on point and snappier. This will be a nice fix for people that are having issues with any of these features.

Once AT&T pushes out that fix for the HSUPA, thats when its really going down!

NOTE: Keep in mind, when this update gets pushed out, You can be non rooted or rooted and it will download for you. If you have "Moded" your phone in anyway, it wont work. Such as deleting sytem applications, altering Motorola files or even doing specific hacks like the "Webtop Hack". Now I did the webtop hack on my rooted Atrix. And even though the directions said to do an ADB push of a code to return it back to stock, it did but apparently kept something in the system altered. So I dont recommend doing that. If you do, You will have to flash the sbf. file for the Atrix back on your phone to bring it to complete stock. And just erasing the phone and doing a soft reset will not fix the problem. Just keep all of that in mind. If your rooted, ok. If your rooted and have loaded other roms or have done custom hacks, This update will NOT download for you.

Thank you. Ill be here all week. Besure to tip your waitress :)

Reactions: Khalsa4G

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
They also need to address the connection issues, making the keys on the OEM keyboard Wider, WIFI goes out of range not to far from the router and its extremely irratating at times. But I will confirm, when this update is pushed out the phone is a lot more smoother. You will notice it when scrolling through your contacts and apps also. Silky smoother :p

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm enjoying the update. I did do the webtop hack and it installed fine, but did take a long time to start up after the update finished installing. seemed like it rebooted twice and that may have been the reason why.

Things I am noticing already:

• swype keyboard seems to be more accurate.
  • device is snappier even though i already thought it was snappy enough.
  • the phone rotates all too easy now... it's faster going into landscape and then back.
  • fingerprint scanner has improved. it was great until i installed widgetlocker, but now it seems to be playing nicely with it.

Great update... I didn't root and yes, the Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine still works =)

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
also... i can't say the battery has improved as i started using two more widgets and also was messing with the brightness (increasing it) early. Also, this is actually the new battery i received yesterday which i still need to calibrate. i'll probably run more tests later (after calibration) to see if i notice any differences.

Dantastic

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So some of you probably already know that Motorola is pushing out an a 17MB fix for some issues. They are:

-Bluetooth Improved multimedia experience with Bluetooth devices as well as the ability to use phone with additional headsets
-Fingerprint reader Improved fingerprint reader performance
-Battery Improved battery performance for longer battery life
-Screen Display will turn off automatically now while charging directly on wall charger
-Phone stability Improved stability resulting in fewer occurrences of touch unresponsiveness and/or programs quitting unexpectedly.
-Car dock Improved performance of car dock and 3.5mm Jack

I cant say personally that I have had an issues with either addressed cliffnote. But I will say that once running, everything seems more on point and snappier. This will be a nice fix for people that are having issues with any of these features.

Once AT&T pushes out that fix for the HSUPA, thats when its really going down!

NOTE: Keep in mind, when this update gets pushed out, You can be non rooted or rooted and it will download for you. If you have "Moded" your phone in anyway, it wont work. Such as deleting sytem applications, altering Motorola files or even doing specific hacks like the "Webtop Hack". Now I did the webtop hack on my rooted Atrix. And even though the directions said to do an ADB push of a code to return it back to stock, it did but apparently kept something in the system altered. So I dont recommend doing that. If you do, You will have to flash the sbf. file for the Atrix back on your phone to bring it to complete stock. And just erasing the phone and doing a soft reset will not fix the problem. Just keep all of that in mind. If your rooted, ok. If your rooted and have loaded other roms or have done custom hacks, This update will NOT download for you.

Thank you. Ill be here all week. Besure to tip your waitress :)

Will deleting the bloatware that came with the phone, such as AT&T Navigation, Codescanner,Tv, Myat&t, blockbuster, NFS Shift and others, not including any of the motoblur stuff that needs rooting to remove, affect the elegibility of receiving the upgrade?

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm enjoying the update. I did do the webtop hack and it installed fine, but did take a long time to start up after the update finished installing. seemed like it rebooted twice and that may have been the reason why.

Things I am noticing already:

• swype keyboard seems to be more accurate.
  • device is snappier even though i already thought it was snappy enough.
  • the phone rotates all too easy now... it's faster going into landscape and then back.
  • fingerprint scanner has improved. it was great until i installed widgetlocker, but now it seems to be playing nicely with it.

Great update... I didn't root and yes, the Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine still works =)

so the webtop hack doesn't affect the update? i really don't want to go through the process trying to fix this. So i hope this is true. also rooted devices can stay rooted?

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
so the webtop hack doesn't affect the update? i really don't want to go through the process trying to fix this. So i hope this is true. also rooted devices can stay rooted?
it worked for me, but i'd listen to Terrigno and put it back to normal.

i'm seeing a lot of issues on the moto forums, rooters and webtop hackers that have been running into these issues.

it's good to be safe than sorry.

Reactions: waltercln

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Will deleting the bloatware that came with the phone, such as AT&T Navigation, Codescanner,Tv, Myat&t, blockbuster, NFS Shift and others, not including any of the motoblur stuff that needs rooting to remove, affect the elegibility of receiving the upgrade?

No. I had it uninstalled and I didn't have a problem.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
it worked for me, but i'd listen to Terrigno and put it back to normal.

i'm seeing a lot of issues on the moto forums, rooters and webtop hackers that have been running into these issues.

it's good to be safe than sorry.

that sucks, is this the correct way?

"If you do, You will have to flash the sbf. file for the Atrix back on your phone to bring it to complete stock."

i have no idea where to start with that, very new to droid.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
that sucks, is this the correct way?

"If you do, You will have to flash the sbf. file for the Atrix back on your phone to bring it to complete stock."

i have no idea where to start with that, very new to droid.
i never rooted my atrix. and with the n1, there wasn't a way to fully revert back. hopefully T is back to answer your questions shortly.

the main issue is going completely stock... that is the main concern IMO.

meanwhile, i'll try to find some literature on reverting back.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Well honestly guys, It was the first time I ever flashed an sbf to my phone. First time ever doing it, and it was REALLY easy. XDA has the instructions. You just download the SBF file, a Moto program and the instructions tell you what to do. And I had 80% battery. It really wasnt hard at all, it was quick and simple and restored the phone completely back to when I first got it brand new. I only did this because I did a factory reset and thought that would fix the problem for the update to work, and it didnt. After 6 attempts, I flashed the file and was good to go with no problems.

Duvi, Im suprised you had the webtop hack, reverted back and it still worked for you. Im only thinking that was the issue. But then again, I noticed when I flashed the phone, apps showed up from Motorola that I had deleted and completely forgot about. Im not doing that anymore, IM just going to freeze them now. That was a lesson learned for me.

EDIT noticed. I had my phone off the charger today at 9:30am and almost 12 hours later, the battery is at 40%. And I did a lot on the phone today, plus I have a live wallpaper from Beautiful Widgets. Now that seems more improved also with this update.

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well honestly guys, It was the first time I ever flashed an sbf to my phone. First time ever doing it, and it was REALLY easy. XDA has the instructions. You just download the SBF file, a Moto program and the instructions tell you what to do. And I had 80% battery. It really wasnt hard at all, it was quick and simple and restored the phone completely back to when I first got it brand new. I only did this because I did a factory reset and thought that would fix the problem for the update to work, and it didnt. After 6 attempts, I flashed the file and was good to go with no problems.

Duvi, Im suprised you had the webtop hack, reverted back and it still worked for you. Im only thinking that was the issue. But then again, I noticed when I flashed the phone, apps showed up from Motorola that I had deleted and completely forgot about. Im not doing that anymore, IM just going to freeze them now. That was a lesson learned for me.

EDIT noticed. I had my phone off the charger today at 9:30am and almost 12 hours later, the battery is at 40%. And I did a lot on the phone today, plus I have a live wallpaper from Beautiful Widgets. Now that seems more improved also with this update.

do you have that thread handy, when the update comes im going to have to do this.

edit: i found the link, and to be honest i think i'll stay away from all that. I'm just not confident enough, i rather unroot and since a member has no problems then i'll try that. If not i'll just call att and act super dumb like i dont know whats going on and why i cant update.

Last edited:

filmusikat

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yay. All my questions have been answered here. I will be trying this when I get home tonight. :) thank u terrigno!

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
do you have that thread handy, when the update comes im going to have to do this.

edit: i found the link, and to be honest i think i'll stay away from all that. I'm just not confident enough, i rather unroot and since a member has no problems then i'll try that. If not i'll just call att and act super dumb like i dont know whats going on and why i cant update.

It was 6 attempts on trying the update, not the actual flashing of the sbf file. That was really easy. Just pluged it in, hit start and it was off. 10 minutes later, My phone was rebooted back to original. Loaded my motoBlur acount, checked system updates and got the update. Downloaded and it installed perfectly. Its really not hard to do at all.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yay. All my questions have been answered here. I will be trying this when I get home tonight. :) thank u terrigno!

No problem bud. If you run into anything, let me know by PM and ill try to help you out. Hope you get it rolling! The more we do with our phones and risk sometimes, we end up learning that way. Normally you can recover form a total brick. I dont recommend anything extreme though unless anyone is really confident on doing it. But this right here is easier then other things ive been through in the life of Android :)

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Ok, I have a noob question? First Android Phone, will it notify me when the update arrives?
yes, it will. you can also just check androidcentral.com's blogs... when it's publicly available, it'll be there.

if you're in the pre-release beta, than you can go into: settings > about phone > system updates

you can also do this when the update is available to the public.

prothos

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i installed the update and it unrooted my phone. now im not able to root uring onclick or aroot. non of my apps that reqiure root funtion till this cam be resolved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca