04-30-2011 01:21 PM
70 123
tools
    With this I might decide to pick this phone up.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
    ghuslez28 likes this.
    04-28-2011 07:14 PM
    Apparently not yet because my phone is telling me it is up to date and happy the way it is.
    Same here, I guess there are some days left in the month--only 2!!!

04-29-2011 06:31 AM
    I don't know what I'm more excited about, real HSUPA or Skype finally being fixed!!
    Hooray for both, it's about time Moto!!

Whats Skype all about? I hear people talk about it all the time. But I dont know if they actually have there on Video Chat app on Android? I herd Qik was made by them. What do you use skype for if you dont mind me asking?
    04-29-2011 06:45 AM
    Whats Skype all about? I hear people talk about it all the time. But I dont know if they actually have there on Video Chat app on Android? I herd Qik was made by them. What do you use skype for if you dont mind me asking?
    Skype is fantastic. Recently in China and I skyped from my PC to my wife's Iphone 4 everyday. Just easy to use and there are alot of people on it. Glaring ommision on Android right now as the skype client is missing the video chat function. Qik is still not working cross platform and Tango isnt great either.
    04-29-2011 06:49 AM
    Skype is fantastic. Recently in China and I skyped from my PC to my wife's Iphone 4 everyday. Just easy to use and there are alot of people on it. Glaring ommision on Android right now as the skype client is missing the video chat function. Qik is still not working cross platform and Tango isnt great either.
    Right I see. If Skype was to make a video chat for there service on Android, Id jump in also. Because I know Skype is pretty popular. Have you tried Fring? They just released an update that works cross platforms and up to 4 video chats at once.
    04-29-2011 07:01 AM
    Right I see. If Skype was to make a video chat for there service on Android, Id jump in also. Because I know Skype is pretty popular. Have you tried Fring? They just released an update that works cross platforms and up to 4 video chats at once.
    Does it work smartphone to PC?
    04-29-2011 07:12 AM
    Does it work smartphone to PC?
    Negative. But ooVoo does. I have tested that program before form PC to Phone Video call and that works well.
    04-29-2011 07:25 AM
    ... Qik is still not working cross platform ...
    It is now cross-platform. Was updated this week sometime.
    04-29-2011 07:31 AM
    It is now cross-platform. Was updated this week sometime.
    I tried it a couple of days ago, the Qik for Atrix version, and it didnt work. I'll give it another shot.
    04-29-2011 07:33 AM
    Negative. But ooVoo does. I have tested that program before form PC to Phone Video call and that works well.
    Does it also work Android to Iphone?
    04-29-2011 07:34 AM
    Ummmmm I dont think so lol. Hmm. So there is no PC to Android-Iphone app out yet huh?
    04-29-2011 07:51 AM
    Ummmmm I dont think so lol. Hmm. So there is no PC to Android-Iphone app out yet huh?
    LOL. Thats what I'm waiting for!! Come on Skype, lets get a move on.

Of course google talk for 2.3.4 might fit the bill. But again, thats just another client to add to the mix. And if google doesnt make it available as an .apk, anybody not using a nexus S could be in for a loooooooooooong wait.
    04-29-2011 08:09 AM
    I dont know much about Ping or what that means. But I do know the difference is definatly noticible. Depending on where you are. But I wouldnt say its extremely slower then Wifi. I find myself with Wifi off now that this happened and using it, its a HUGE difference
    Ping is used to determine connectivity
    04-29-2011 08:37 AM
    Yes it works, I just tried Qik from android to iPhone and the video chat works.

Edit: Sorry I dint realize you were asking if ooVoo works from Android to iPhone. I just tried Qik and it was working and that is doing the job for me.
    04-29-2011 09:01 AM
    Ping is used to determine connectivity
    I thought Ping was used to determine response time from the server being contacted.

So the phone contacts the server and the amount of time it takes for the server to respond is the ping amount? Usually messured in milliseconds?
    04-29-2011 09:41 AM
    Yes it works, I just tried Qik from android to iPhone and the video chat works.

Edit: Sorry I dint realize you were asking if ooVoo works from Android to iPhone. I just tried Qik and it was working and that is doing the job for me.
    That was the Qik app for the Atrix? Thats good to know, thanks.
    04-29-2011 09:42 AM
    Hi,

the question was about Android to iPhone and I tested it with Thunderbolt, I will test it with atrix and will post my result soon.
    04-29-2011 09:59 AM
    Hi,

the question was about Android to iPhone and I tested it with Thunderbolt, I will test it with atrix and will post my result soon.
    AH. Well, this is the Atrix forum!
    04-29-2011 10:06 AM
    Qik supposedly works from Atrix to IOS after this last update, but I cannot confirm bc I haven't tried.

I can say that Tango works from Atrix to IOS perfectly, I have used it with my Atrix to my wife's iPhone.
    04-30-2011 12:37 PM
    Qik supposedly works from Atrix to IOS after this last update, but I cannot confirm bc I haven't tried.

I can say that Tango works from Atrix to IOS perfectly, I have used it with my Atrix to my wife's iPhone.
    Fring also works, though its a bit unstable on the atrix.
    04-30-2011 01:21 PM
70 123