new to android~atrix first android phone

OhNoImpulse

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I finally got the change to get a android device traded my iphone 4 for this atrix :D but i feel so stuck i dont what apps to get or how should i start customizing this monster :p any suggestions?

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
As a first time Android device owner, you will need some time getting used to Android OS.

Once you get your feet beneath you, then you can start to experiment with the many apps. There is a thread here, where some Atrix owners offer suggestions:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/t-atrix/85496-new-atrix-android-general-any-tips.html

In case you find you don't like the MotoBlur "skin", there are alternative Launchers you can use.

There also are several threads started by new Atrix owners, some of whom are coming from iPhone, right nearby here. So, take a bit of time to have a look around, and then you will have questions which those threads don't answer.

Enjoy your new Atrix! :)

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I would also say get gingerbreak, root the thing, and then run gladeEnabled so you can side load. From you are pretty much all set. Only thing I have used root for all all so far was to run GladeEnabled so I could sideload which I promptly used to install the Amazon App store.

abhinayp#WP

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
The battery life is terrible, like REAL terrible..
I just have a live walpaper and adw.. and i hardly get 6hrs.
last night i charged it to full n slept.. n in the morning its down to 40%.
:(:(:(

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The battery life is terrible, like REAL terrible..
I just have a live walpaper and adw.. and i hardly get 6hrs.
last night i charged it to full n slept.. n in the morning its down to 40%.
:(:(:(

I think you are the exception. Most people have great battery life. I take mine off the charger at about 7am and it will be at 20 or 30% at 10pm, and that is with medium to heavy use.

sent from my unlocked MB860 via Tapatalk

rickwood

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's hard to complain about battery life. I charged mine last Wednesday evening before a camping trip. The area I went to has really spotty coverage. I left bluetooth and gps on for Thursday to see which areas had coverage. On Friday, I switched to airplane mode to conserve battery. Listened to music for a few hours. Listened to more music on Saturday morning. At around 9:30 Saturday I was finally down to 1% battery so I powered down the phone. That's 60+ hours on a charge. Granted I didn't use the phone a ton, but that's still not too shabby.

abhinayp#WP

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Some others have same prob too :)
http://forum.androidcentral.com/t-atrix/63341-battery-draining-quick.html

BTW i am in a low to medium(never full) signal coverage all day.. does that effect the battery life?
yes it actually does. the phone will try to search for a signal and it takes a lot of battery power. connect to wifi whenever possible at home and at work. I'm on wifi 90% of the time and my battery usually lasts for 16 to 19 hours with normal use. (i even posted screenshots of it somehwere on this forum :) ) when the phone is connected to a good wifi signal it will actually wont waste its resources on searching for one. try that.

abhinayp#WP

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
yes it actually does. the phone will try to search for a signal and it takes a lot of battery power. connect to wifi whenever possible at home and at work. I'm on wifi 90% of the time and my battery usually lasts for 16 to 19 hours with normal use. (i even posted screenshots of it somehwere on this forum :) ) when the phone is connected to a good wifi signal it will actually wont waste its resources on searching for one. try that.

Sadly.. No wifi at my work place.. Looks like I am kinda screwed lol.. I will try completely draining n recharging the battery for couple more days n c if that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Sadly.. No wifi at my work place.. Looks like I am kinda screwed lol.. I will try completely draining n recharging the battery for couple more days n c if that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well if the signal sucks so much at your work place you may want to simply activate airplane mode. it willl turn off the data along with cellular signal. you wont be able to recieve phone calls but the battery wont be wasted. on my previous job, my desk was in the basement so there was no signal at all and i alway had the data and cellular off. on my old blackberry bold 9000...

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Some live wallpapers will drain the battery quickly.

I use "FireFlies Pro" live wallpaper. While I love the looks, it can eat up my battery. So, if I'm expecting to use the device a lot, and will be away from my charger all day, I'll switch wallpapers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty