dropped incoming calls after 2.3.4 upgrade

eahyland

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Okay I am a complete n00b. I had a stock captivate with 2.2, eventually rooted with SuperOneClick. I recently flashed to 2.3.4 using Odin single file PDA flash.
Model: SAMSUNG SGH-I897
Firmware: 2.3.4
Baseband: I897UCKH3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7-I897UCKH3-CL461307
Build: GINGERBREAD.UCKH3

So far the only issue I can see is when I get an incoming call it vibrates for a second and sends the caller directly to voicemail. My phone says I missed a call, and get a big NO sign where my wireless signal is supposed to be (circle with a line through it). Any ideas on how to fix this?

Also I've noticed that the tethering app shutsdown at the same time. Phone is not rooted after 2.3.4 flash.

Last edited:

X-BerryAddict

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem, did a factory reset; settings>privacy>factory data reset. worked great after that.
update: if you flash the kernel with root, you will have to redo the factory reset

Last edited:
Reactions: id4398

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I have not had any issues with dropped calling on any i9000 based GB rom. I am currently running the DarkyRom xxjvs beta and besides a wifi/dhcp issue, the rom is rock solid but I am also using kc1 modem.

HTH,
Charlie

nbell978

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
the only problem i had was something kept force closing a few times everytime (tethering manager or something) i would switch from wifi to 3g or back... factory reset fixed it.

id4398

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem, did a factory reset; settings>privacy>factory data reset. worked great after that.
update: if you flash the kernel with root, you will have to redo the factory reset

Thanks for the suggestion, i had the same problem and i followed your suggestion.
Also in my case phone was not detecting SIM. I did factory reset and it worked. Thanks again.