Bluetooth and call related issues after GB upgrade.

ac4rumuser

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks in advance for taking time to read this thread and potentially helping out.
After GB upgrade (which went very smooth without any hitch), I am having the following three noticeable issues. Any help is appreciated.

1. Bluetooth issue: connectivity to my car has started giving me issues. Every time I get into my car, the Bluetooth connection is established automatically but I cannot place calls successfully. In Froyo this worked perfectly every time. Now I need to turn off Bluetooth, wait for a min, turn on and manually connect to the car. If I do that, everything works perfectly. I tried un-pairing and re-pairing with my car and that did not help. I am assuming, turning off and turning on is making sure all services related to Bluetooth are running and hence things work. But not sure what makes something to not run/purge (related to Bluetooth service) after sometime of inactivity regarding Bluetooth connection. I do not use any task killers. Any help is appreciated

2. Call related: This is a minor annoyance than an issue. After a call is successfully concluded, the phone is not responsive for 15-20 sec. The phone icon continues to be there in the notification bar. As long as this icon is there, phone is not responsive. Once the icon goes, the phone behave normally. Anyone has similar problems? Any suggestion to overcome this is appreciated

3. Tethering force close error: many have noticed this. I get this continuously soon after reboot for 10-15 times and stops after that. Any help fixing this is appreciated.

I am no technical person but wondering if this tethering error causing other issues like my other two problems mentioned above. You know, like zombie process related to tethering sitting in memory and interfering with other processes? just a thought...

Thanks again for your time and help

ac4rumuser

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I did a factory reset after I read your comment. But it has not helped with the Bluetooth issue. However, the phone is responsive soon after the call ends. Also I am not getting any Tethering force close errors. So my issues 2 and 3 above seem to have gone away after factory reset but issue 1 continues to exist. I am continuing to disconnect and reconnect Bluetooth inside the car every time I get into the car to get it working. Annoying but no really fix yet.

Thanks again for the suggestion. Appreciate any more help anyone can offer