2 more questions

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I tried to download Amaze nav and I get.
For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not sourced in Android market. Is there a way to load it. I used it on my Bold and it is one of the best free navigation apps. Plus their support is excellent.
Next in the settings for Default storage in browser settings, do I save to memory or to SD card.

Last edited:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
1)you have to sideload it then, check out the guide.
2)on older phones, i would say sd card as they generally have much lower internal memory, but it doesn't matter in this case.

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well as for the app you want to install, you can Droid explorer or the sideloader wonder machine via USB on your computer to side load it! The other option would be to root your phone and alter a settings db to enable non market apps!

As for where to download the apps you can save either the internal memory or an SD card! Does not matter either way works and the captivate has 13+ GB of internal space!

HTH,
Charlie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Thank you I will check out about side loading. I did download the drivers yesterday and hooked up the phone to computer for the first time. Didn't play with nothing to scared yet, but I will have to read about side loading.
Don't know about rooting doesn't it void the warranty or can brick the phone? Ain't like fooling with the antiquated BB from what I can tell.
One other question if I want to link a web page from another forum is there a way. I opened another window to the forum, but I don't see a way to link in the options. I am using the swype keyboard. Also I have not figured how to copy and paste. I did a search and found a thread if you use the default keyboard. Something about the arrows that are on it for up, down, left & right. I can't find it again or remember where it was.
Sorry if I am not looking in the right place and most likely asking about simple functions.