Captivate FOTA Software update

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm undoing the One-Click-Lag-Fix right now. I'll return from Root and then see if it's available.

For those who are having issues,

Were you rooted?
What did you use to root?
Did you back it off?

mburke43

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Worked for me, kind of...

Not sure if media scanning has actually improved, boot up is still longer than desired. GPS is accurate now, but certainly takes its sweet time. Oh well, way better than before.

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I un-did the EXT2 fix, removed the EXT2 tools, unrooted all with the One-Click Lag-Fix. Rebooted as necessary.

I went and did the software update. It found it, and installed.

I rebooted and necessary.

Everythink worked.

I'm getting a lower score than the one-click lag-fix on Quadrant (888 over 3G). It seems the I/O writes are still an issue. I don't have a lot of lag though.

The media scanner got hung up. I used "Fast Reboot" to get everything back in order. I may reboot to see if that improves. I didn't think it was any better than before. It seemed to hang up the phone like before.

I need to get outside to test the GPS. I may try that in a few minutes.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Just finished downloading with rooted one-click phone, not running the lag fix though, and everything seems fine so far. You can definitely get the update with a rooted phone, if there any issues updating because of it I guess I'll soon find that out.

~~~
Oki everything went fine, it was taking forever to boot up after restarting, I started to worry but it eventually did and told I successfully updated. I'm still rooted and was able to take a screenshot no problem (the only real use I have for rooting right now). I hope this means Froyo won't be an issue when that update rolls around. I haven't checked the GPS yet but not that worried, I don't even need such exacting GPS personally.

Last edited:

XKxRome0ox

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
how exactly does this update improve our voice calling experience? lol
so vague

i manually checked for update and got the download in 1 shot
took a few minutes to DL and then restart
i thought something was wrong with my phone cuz it was stuck on the bootup screen for quite a while but everything went through

my phone is pretty much virgin - not rooted and don't have anything fancy going on

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
my DLs fine but fails when installing

I have a stock phone and have done a factory restore.

Still fails at 50% when installing

Redneckbutlerboy

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooted and one click lag fix. Can download fine but it fails to install at the 50% mark. Thanks to the person that posted getting around the 24hr wait by changing the date. I'm on my 3rd attempt now.

Cagey48

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
One side note on the installation, once the software is installed and it re boots it will hang on the "Galaxy S" logo for 3 to 4 mins...but don't worry it appears to be normal.

Redneckbutlerboy

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
My 3rd attempt failed at 50% again. Changed date and went for a 4th try and it said no update. Checked my phone and it shows
Firmware version: 2.1-update1
Baseband version: I897UCJF6
Kernel version: 2.6.29 atin@thor #147
Build number: lagfix beta4-v1.6
Anyone know if the way my phone is set up is causing the problem and if so how to fix it? Thanks.

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
what is this "one click lag fix" everyone's talking about?

It's an app in the marketplace. You install it, then you can root your device and put the EXT2 fix on your phone to fix the lag issue. It works pretty well also.

I just went out to test the GPS on my phone after installing the FOTA. No luck. I used GPS test and in the space of two minutes, I could only get 0/2 satellites with no locks. I had a clear view of the southern sky also. Google Maps showed me 3 blocks from where I actually was.

It's a shame they didn't fix that. Better luck next time?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez