Repeated update successful

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So my girlfriend has a captivate rooted i renamed bloatware, threw on launcher pro and beautiful widgets.

Ok this is not really a big issue but everytime she turns on her phone she gets a message saying update successful. reffering to the 2.1 update 1.

any ideas why this happens? it doesnt bother anything just slows down boot up process

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
DroidXCon-

I saw a solution at another forum, here's the URL where I found it:

"Software Update Successful" message on reboot not going away - Android Forums

Please read the thread above first, a couple of posts wonder about the amount of stuff being cleared. Note that I haven't tested it, so use at your own risk.

menu > settings > applications > applications manager > device manager > clear cache/clear data

Hope this helps,

AoN.

Reactions: DroidXcon

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DroidXCon-

I saw a solution at another forum, here's the URL where I found it:

"Software Update Successful" message on reboot not going away - Android Forums

Please read the thread above first, a couple of posts wonder about the amount of stuff being cleared. Note that I haven't tested it, so use at your own risk.

menu > settings > applications > applications manager > device manager > clear cache/clear data

Hope this helps,

AoN.

Unfortunatly she doesnt have device manager on her phone so that cant be the answer

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm running 2.2, but I in 2.1 think if you look under

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All (may need to select this from the leftmost softkey) > Device Management

You should be able to clear cache / data.

Note though that I have no idea what this does.

AoN

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm running 2.2, but I in 2.1 think if you look under

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All (may need to select this from the leftmost softkey) > Device Management

You should be able to clear cache / data.

Note though that I have no idea what this does.

AoN

Well since i dont have my Gf's phone i cant do it and she sounds kind of hesitant ill ask if anyone in the forum has the guts to try lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty