Exchange Server question

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I am trying to set up my captivate on my companies email server and I am running into an issue. The server address that my company gave me to enter in is an IP address instead of a .com address. When I try and enter in the numbers into the server address field it will not allow me to proceed. Its as if the Samsung client does not recognize it as a valid server address. Any ideas on how I can get the Captivate to accept my server address?

One other point, the IP address I am trying to use has worked on both the Incredible and the Iphone 4. So it does work.

Last edited:

STLSi

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is adding an entry to your /etc/hosts file. Not sure if it can be done without rooting (I'm not rooted).

talleyid

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to set up my captivate on my companies email server and I am running into an issue. The server address that my company gave me to enter in is an IP address instead of a .com address. When I try and enter in the numbers into the server address field it will not allow me to proceed. Its as if the Samsung client does not recognize it as a valid server address. Any ideas on how I can get the Captivate to accept my server address?

One other point, the IP address I am trying to use has worked on both the Incredible and the Iphone 4. So it does work.
For convenience, and to get around this problem, your I.T. could simply register that IP with whomever is handling your company's DNS records and get DNS name. Ours is mobile.companyname.com which is easy for everyone to remember. We're using the Exchange Sync to connect to our Groupwise email via the Novell Data Synchronizer server and it works great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38