Email app will not notify

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So I have two email accounts on my phone. I have a gmail account, which I do use the gmail app for. I also have a college student account, using Google Apps, and I am using the regular stock email client for. It does work, I can recieve emails, but only when I open the app. I have the settings set to check every hour, I do have the notification option turned on and everything, but I can go two or three days and it won't show anything. Then I open email, and BAM, five emails from days ago. This is not my first Android phone, had G1 and Backflip, and neither had this problem. Plz help, ty in advance.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Try an alternate email program, download a free one from the market, and see if that one will allow your notifications to work properly. Mine work fine with the stock app, so I don't know what to try with the stock app.

I just tried to find a link to the member favorites for email apps, but there isn't one. K9 I think is one that is popular... search it out a bit and try a non-stock app. See what happens there.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
(Alternative method)
Menu - settings - accounts & sync and sync all.

(Another option)
Menu -settings - applications - manage applications - running - Gmail app tap on force stop, uninstall any updates... clear data.

After finished doing that open market - find Gmail app and tap update.
Hope this help.

Last edited: