Overwhelmed New Android User

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site

These are a couple of screen shots of me playing the Obama Wins episode after installing the apk that I mentioned above. I'm also using stock browser. I don't know if you have selected request desktop Site in menu option when you're in South Park studios website. Just a thought

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352692791595.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352692791595.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 91
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352692807894.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352692807894.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 91
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352692831011.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352692831011.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 91

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, still won't work! I installed the link above again and the site is in website mode. Very frustrating. Anyone else having problems too?.

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Oh, thank God, it works now! lol Wow... weird. I uninstalled it again, and d/l the link above for the 10th time. I held down the home button, clicked on the pie chart, then went to ram, and clicked on clear memory. That seemed to do it I guess. Again, its weird and I don't get it, but thank you for helping me getting this to work. Ok, next questions... ha ha ha...

- How do you backup your phone? Is there anything like what iTunes does with the iPhone? Just in case something happens to my phone or something? Any suggestions? I saw an option in the main Settings, but had no idea what it does or what its for.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh, thank God, it works now! lol Wow... weird. I uninstalled it again, and d/l the link above for the 10th time. I held down the home button, clicked on the pie chart, then went to ram, and clicked on clear memory. That seemed to do it I guess. Again, its weird and I don't get it, but thank you for helping me getting this to work. Ok, next questions... ha ha ha...

- How do you backup your phone? Is there anything like what iTunes does with the iPhone? Just in case something happens to my phone or something? Any suggestions? I saw an option in the main Settings, but had no idea what it does or what its for.

Backing up has a few options with Android. I'm not too familiar with how iTunes does other than I know it backs up your apps.

All of your purchased apps are linked to your Gmail account so you don't have to worry about that. Same goes for your contacts and calendar entries.

But if you want to back up your entire phone then Go backup works pretty well for non rooted phones. Titanium Backup is the complete solution and can backup your entire device but it requires you to root your phone. This is like jail breaking an iphone but easier. I recommend rooting just for this one feature.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
That's a lot of trouble you went through for South Park, but I understand. I would have done the same. Good to hear that it is working.

As for backing up your phone, the type of functionality that you are looking for sounds like everything that Kies does.

As horrible Samsung Kies is as people say, it is great for backing up contacts, messages.

I'm not sure if it does apps, but I don't think it's necessary because Google Play pushes apps to your device.

As for videos and music, I just manage that manually by dragging files in folders. I definitely don't let Kies touch that.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
This is like jail breaking an iphone but easier. I recommend rooting just for this one feature.

I have to disagree there. Jailbreaking an iPhone is MUCH easier than rooting an android.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

ElmhurstTom

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I am an Android newbie here as well and I have been reading a lot in the forums and online. I need help with something. On my iPhone there were options for your notifications to appear at the top of the screen or right in the center of the phone. On Android I only get my notifications at the top of the screen on one line. Is there a way I can adjust my notifications so I can put them in the center of the phone and more than one line of the notification appears? I have checked all of the settings and I cannot find anything anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
You just need to slide the notifications down from the top to reveal expanded notifications. Just put your finger at the top and drag down.

Some SMS programs will display in the middle. Go SMS does this but only for your texts.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have to disagree there. Jailbreaking an iPhone is MUCH easier than rooting an android.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Okay then let's say they're both easy. It took me 10 minutes. If it takes any less to break the iPhone then good for us.

Feel better now?

Last edited:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
That's a lot of trouble you went through for South Park, but I understand. I would have done the same. Good to hear that it is working.

As for backing up your phone, the type of functionality that you are looking for sounds like everything that Kies does.

As horrible Samsung Kies is as people say, it is great for backing up contacts, messages.

I'm not sure if it does apps, but I don't think it's necessary because Google Play pushes apps to your device.

As for videos and music, I just manage that manually by dragging files in folders. I definitely don't let Kies touch that.

Good point. I hate Kies but it does this.

ElmhurstTom

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
You just need to slide the notifications down from the top to reveal expanded notifications. Just put your finger at the top and drag down.

Some SMS programs will display in the middle. Go SMS does this but only for your texts.

Thanks for the response. What other SMS programs do this? Go SMS just seems to let me send texts to other people using that app which I am not interested in. Is there an app that can go over the current messaging app and allow me to see the texts, notifications in the middle of my screen? I ask because when I am at work my phone stands near me and I just read the text, notifcations as they come in. With Android I cannot do this right now and it is annoying me.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It took me 5 min to root my sgs2 and ns4g 3 min to download the files and 2 min to root it

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

henning#CB

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
There is a visual voicemail app through At&t in the Play store. I installed it no problem and it works just like the iphone one. It even brought over voicemails I had on my iphone and I didnt expect it to do that.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response. What other SMS programs do this? Go SMS just seems to let me send texts to other people using that app which I am not interested in. Is there an app that can go over the current messaging app and allow me to see the texts, notifications in the middle of my screen? I ask because when I am at work my phone stands near me and I just read the text, notifcations as they come in. With Android I cannot do this right now and it is annoying me.

GO SMS does this very thing. It may require you to define it in the preferences but I use it all the time and my texts pop up in a little window that I can swipe through and respond to.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Okay then let's say they're both easy. It took me 10 minutes. If it takes any less to break the iPhone then good for us.

Feel better now?

It took me 5 min to root my sgs2 and ns4g 3 min to download the files and 2 min to root it

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Must be nice! Rooting my old Incredible wasn't so bad, though still not as quick as jailbreaking my iPhone. Rooting my Rezound was no quick task either. Maybe I had some bad experiences then?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Must be nice! Rooting my old Incredible wasn't so bad, though still not as quick as jailbreaking my iPhone. Rooting my Rezound was no quick task either. Maybe I had some bad experiences then?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Things are changing quickly. Took no time for me and it was my first time doing it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89