Screen protector needed?

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
From the website

All of our screen protectors are Japanese made, enhanced optical hard films. Ultra Crystal and Ultra Oleophobic screen protectors are both clear type where it absolutely doesn't affect the screen image quality. Ultra Crystal has glass-like surface coating with the best resistance against scratches. Ultra Oleophobic has an oil resistant coating to resist oil and other contaminants. Ultra Fine screen protector is matte type hard film which resists against fingerprints and smudges, but it is less clear compared to other Steinheil screen protectors. Ultra Optics is our newest product which is anti-fingerprint and anti-glare and does not interfere with retina display

LMaui

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I hear on amazon ,some complain about SPG (and perhaps all brands) that the size does not fully cover the beautiful Note 2 screen, so you see the edges and it is a bit annoying. anyone using SPG care to comment on the size issue ?

I have the SPG and you are right, it does not cover the whole screen on the Note2. That's because the Note2 has slightly rounded edges and it would not fit correctly if it went to the edge. This doesn't affect the product to me, what does though is that it is extremely hard to put on correctly (lots of bubbles) and terrible directions. I would recommend something else...

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I will comment here. I installed a SGP Crystal screen protector on my note 2 and a week in it got scratched. The scratch is not that bad but visible during use. So yes, always install a screen protector no matter what.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was unable to quickly find a case or screen protector that I liked. So when I got my white Note 2, I decided to just get Ghost Armor to protect it till I go on an all out search. There is a kiosk right in the mall where the AT&T store is. It's full body and it cost $35.00 plus tax. I am really unexpectedly happy with this. I have tried these skins before. They are very difficult for me to install. I've done it, but it's been a struggle, came out okay, but not perfect. They install it for you and it is perfect. It is crystal clear and very hard. It also gives a better grip to the phone, but not sticky like Zagg. It's like having a naked phone but better. I carry it in a clip pouch to the pocket of my jeans or in my handbag. Works great! I probably won't buy a case now until I can find one like I had for the Note 1 that is very low profile and has a kickstand that works in portrait mode. Do love the kickstand, but now feel no pressure to buy until the right one, in a color I like comes along.
Elly44

Does the S Pen work ok with the Ghost Armor?

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was unable to quickly find a case or screen protector that I liked. So when I got my white Note 2, I decided to just get Ghost Armor to protect it till I go on an all out search. There is a kiosk right in the mall where the AT&T store is. It's full body and it cost $35.00 plus tax. I am really unexpectedly happy with this. I have tried these skins before. They are very difficult for me to install. I've done it, but it's been a struggle, came out okay, but not perfect. They install it for you and it is perfect. It is crystal clear and very hard. It also gives a better grip to the phone, but not sticky like Zagg. It's like having a naked phone but better. I carry it in a clip pouch to the pocket of my jeans or in my handbag. Works great! I probably won't buy a case now until I can find one like I had for the Note 1 that is very low profile and has a kickstand that works in portrait mode. Do love the kickstand, but now feel no pressure to buy until the right one, in a color I like comes along.
Elly44

How much do they charge you for install?

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Spigen is the absolute best.

Once applied right you can not even tell it's there (at least with the Ultra Crystal and Ultra Oleophobic).

So essentially there's no reason NOT to use one. You're protecting your screen without sacrificing a thing, except for $13.99.
Which one do you have? I want one that doesn't affect the quality of that beautiful display.

jdefalco

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have always used Zagg shields on every device I have ever owned. I know in the past, certain cases seem to catch the edges and cause the Zagg to peel a little in the corners or edges, wherever it is catching. I got my Galaxy Note 2 last week and put a Zagg HD on it before I even left the store. I absolutely love the look and feel of it, definitely better than the original Zagg. I am afraid to put a case on my phone for fear of it peeling around the edges. My question is, does anyone experience the same issue with the Zagg or the Spigen? Thanks in advance.

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I have always used Zagg shields on every device I have ever owned. I know in the past, certain cases seem to catch the edges and cause the Zagg to peel a little in the corners or edges, wherever it is catching. I got my Galaxy Note 2 last week and put a Zagg HD on it before I even left the store. I absolutely love the look and feel of it, definitely better than the original Zagg. I am afraid to put a case on my phone for fear of it peeling around the edges. My question is, does anyone experience the same issue with the Zagg or the Spigen? Thanks in advance.

How did you get the HD model? I'm not liking my regualr Zagg.

billy wang

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Zagg doesnt show an HD version for the note2 on their website.

I've always used Zagg but tried spigen based on the reviews here. Here are my thoughts:

Zagg hd still has a slight orange peel effect but much better than the original. Its much clearer and smoother than the regular. The spigen is very clear but much harder. I've noticed this causes the screen protector to scratch more easily. I also like that zagg has free replacements especially since there's a kiosk near my house.

If i could find Zagg hd I would take it over spigen, spigen over regular zagg.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87