Odd Call Log Issue - Missing Log Entries

cgordonn

May 4, 2011
Visit site
ATT GN2, running JB 4.1.2 custom ROM. I have also had this same issue running stock ATT JB 4.1.2 ROM.

I'm having an odd issue with missing call log entries, with some but not all calls I receive or make. This issue occurs with calls I miss, calls I answer or calls I choose to ignore. The log entries for the calls in question are not visible in the call log, no matter which "view by" setting I filter the log with. My log is always set to "all calls". Now here is the interesting thing, the only way I can get the missing entries to display, is to select "delete" from the log menu. Then all entries and their dates and times are visible. If I switch back to "all calls" the entries disappear again.

So, has anyone else experienced this issue?

gmcelfresh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Me too!!!! And it is driving me crazy! Esp because its usually work numbers that are missing and I have to record the time of the calls ;-( I have tried to delete the contact and make a new one, but the next time they call or I call them it is missing after I hang up. Someone please help =}

cgordonn

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh haaa another with the same problem. What version and type of ROM are you running, stock or custom. Also, all my contacts were imported over from an iPhone 5/iCloud. I'm wondering if this had anything to do with affecting my contacts. Anything similar in your case?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

gmcelfresh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I just have the stock phone. I did switch over from an iphone, but the problem I am having is with contacts I have just added manually. Sorry for the delay in reply. I had to download an app to get my accurate call logs with times so that I could use that for work :-(

YoleeSMASH

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem as well. Losing all of those phone calls was so irritating!! What I have noticed though is like the guy mentioned above it does indeed show when you tilt the phone into landscape position. I think the real issue is the programming doesn't allow for the longer contact names in the portrait mode so they just don't show up. Anyone in my call log with a short name is always in the log just fine. Same goes for missed calls that aren't in your contact list. It'll label it: Missed Call which is apparently too long for portrait mode.

Til they get it fixed I suggest just tipping your phone when your check your call log. :p

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
sorry guys, don't know. to add another datapoint to your research, i too imported contacts over from iOS but have not experienced the problems you are currently experiencing with the call log. i'll keep a closer watch and lend any further information as appropriate.

Luis Barboza

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. I am still paying for this phone. I called T-Mobile about it and they sent me a new phone, the new phone has the same problem!!! The T-Mobile customer service now told me that this is a Samsung problem and not their problem but they are still selling the phone and deceiving people. I will placing a complaint on every single website until T-Mobile takes this phone back and return my money.

got berry

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I am on Sprint Stock phone running 4.1.2. I too am able to see the entries by changing to landscape mode. Not sure how long it has been happening but just found it when I tried to find a number I called for work.

Eliud Gautier

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I have the same phone from T Mobile - hers work but not mine. I recently noticed that I could no longer see missed call on my call log. Therefore, if they don't leave me a message (which I usually don't listen to them) I would never know who called when I am unable to reach my phone. Now, I did go into my applications this weekend and deleted a bunch of apps - that seemed useless on my phone - so I thought it was this but based on this thread of users - it may be a phone thing. But like I said in the beginning, two separate similar phone in the household - one works the other doesn't.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I gave my husband my note II and now he is experiencing the same issues. It never did that to me when I had the phone. He transferred his contact over from the S4 via Kies. Has anybody found a fix for this? Thanks.

Plamen Cho

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I noticed that i have the same problem. It seemed like the call log just stopped updating itself for some unknown reason. I have solved my issue by deleting all the existing registries and it worked out for me. You can do that by going into the call log -> settings -> delete -> mark all -> delete. It worked for me. I hope i have been helpful! :)

Tess1

May 16, 2017
Visit site
No you aren't the only one! I've had this problem too and I called my carrier. They cant even ghost-in to try a fix. It started after an update this year.
I had the prob with SAMSUNG S7 Active and S8 Plus now.

cadeline

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. The only missing entry is my husband’s number. I use Samsung S7 edge. I can’t find him in my recent calls or miss calls. The only time I know he called is when he calls or the notification on the screen if that makes any sense. So I have him on speed dial. In the past, I have deleted all the contacts and downloaded it again. I even changed the contact backup from hotmail to google. Nothing worked. Customer service is baffled by this problem. No one seemed to be able to help. I even download of call app called Trucaller. It worked for a while but after their software updated their software, it happened again. Husband’s number went missing. So finally I had enough. I took drastic action. If this doesn’t work, I will quit Samsung and go back to good old HTC is my next upgrade.

I backup my phone and factory reset. Problem solved! A real pain I know.

KMayer2001

May 10, 2018
Visit site
Ahhh haaa another with the same problem. What version and type of
ROM are you running, stock or custom. Also, all my contacts were imported over from an iPhone 5/iCloud. I'm wondering if this had anything to do with affecting my contacts. Anything similar in your case?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

I don't have a call log at all, if I want to make a call to a number not in my contacts, I have to add the number to contacts then call from contacts. And have to write a missed call down before I go to my log.

Markyoung143

May 25, 2018
Visit site
My LG AT&T phone quit logging calls going out and coming in. Tried lots of suggestions on Google but nothing worked. Finally used AT&T Device Help and even before it was though interrogating me it started working. The last 2 calls from today but not all showed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech