ATT GN2, running JB 4.1.2 custom ROM. I have also had this same issue running stock ATT JB 4.1.2 ROM.

I'm having an odd issue with missing call log entries, with some but not all calls I receive or make. This issue occurs with calls I miss, calls I answer or calls I choose to ignore. The log entries for the calls in question are not visible in the call log, no matter which "view by" setting I filter the log with. My log is always set to "all calls". Now here is the interesting thing, the only way I can get the missing entries to display, is to select "delete" from the log menu. Then all entries and their dates and times are visible. If I switch back to "all calls" the entries disappear again.

So, has anyone else experienced this issue?
    Tess1 likes this.
    02-07-2013 12:59 PM
    Anyone?
    02-08-2013 08:57 PM
    117 views. Guess I am the only one with this odd problem.
    02-11-2013 09:29 PM
    Me too!!!! And it is driving me crazy! Esp because its usually work numbers that are missing and I have to record the time of the calls ;-( I have tried to delete the contact and make a new one, but the next time they call or I call them it is missing after I hang up. Someone please help =}
    02-12-2013 03:01 PM
    Ahhh haaa another with the same problem. What version and type of ROM are you running, stock or custom. Also, all my contacts were imported over from an iPhone 5/iCloud. I'm wondering if this had anything to do with affecting my contacts. Anything similar in your case?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    02-12-2013 03:41 PM
    I just have the stock phone. I did switch over from an iphone, but the problem I am having is with contacts I have just added manually. Sorry for the delay in reply. I had to download an app to get my accurate call logs with times so that I could use that for work :-(
    03-16-2013 10:11 AM
    I have the same problem. I just found that if I turn the phone to landscape position, then the logs will show.
    03-28-2013 08:48 PM
    I'm having the same problem as well. Losing all of those phone calls was so irritating!! What I have noticed though is like the guy mentioned above it does indeed show when you tilt the phone into landscape position. I think the real issue is the programming doesn't allow for the longer contact names in the portrait mode so they just don't show up. Anyone in my call log with a short name is always in the log just fine. Same goes for missed calls that aren't in your contact list. It'll label it: Missed Call which is apparently too long for portrait mode.

Til they get it fixed I suggest just tipping your phone when your check your call log. :P
    04-10-2013 04:54 PM
    sorry guys, don't know. to add another datapoint to your research, i too imported contacts over from iOS but have not experienced the problems you are currently experiencing with the call log. i'll keep a closer watch and lend any further information as appropriate.
    04-10-2013 05:05 PM
    I have the same problem. I am still paying for this phone. I called T-Mobile about it and they sent me a new phone, the new phone has the same problem!!! The T-Mobile customer service now told me that this is a Samsung problem and not their problem but they are still selling the phone and deceiving people. I will placing a complaint on every single website until T-Mobile takes this phone back and return my money.
    05-24-2013 10:12 PM
    I am having the same issue. I am on Sprint Stock phone running 4.1.2. I too am able to see the entries by changing to landscape mode. Not sure how long it has been happening but just found it when I tried to find a number I called for work.
    07-24-2013 01:27 PM
    My wife and I have the same phone from T Mobile - hers work but not mine. I recently noticed that I could no longer see missed call on my call log. Therefore, if they don't leave me a message (which I usually don't listen to them) I would never know who called when I am unable to reach my phone. Now, I did go into my applications this weekend and deleted a bunch of apps - that seemed useless on my phone - so I thought it was this but based on this thread of users - it may be a phone thing. But like I said in the beginning, two separate similar phone in the household - one works the other doesn't.
    08-05-2013 06:56 PM
    I gave my husband my note II and now he is experiencing the same issues. It never did that to me when I had the phone. He transferred his contact over from the S4 via Kies. Has anybody found a fix for this? Thanks.
    10-20-2013 02:37 PM
    I noticed that i have the same problem. It seemed like the call log just stopped updating itself for some unknown reason. I have solved my issue by deleting all the existing registries and it worked out for me. You can do that by going into the call log -> settings -> delete -> mark all -> delete. It worked for me. I hope i have been helpful!
    08-03-2015 04:16 PM
    No you aren't the only one! I've had this problem too and I called my carrier. They cant even ghost-in to try a fix. It started after an update this year.
    I had the prob with SAMSUNG S7 Active and S8 Plus now.
    05-15-2017 10:15 PM