Firmware upgrade in progress...

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You are doing it through Kies right? Which method did you do? The auto update or did you select Tools>Firmware upgrade and initialization option?

Moonbase0ne

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
You are doing it through Kies right? Which method did you do? The auto update or did you select Tools>Firmware upgrade and initialization option?

I've been trying both for the last couple of days. still not able upgrade. Samsung says their servers are busy. So, I'll probably wait till the weekend.

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I wouldnt doubt that their servers are busy. The news didnt break that the ICS update was ready till Tuesday. Most people were at work when it hit. So starting Tuesday night and since people have been hammering the Samsung Servers to get the Drivers, Update and Kies.

So yeah it might take a day or to. No this is not the first time this has happened with a major release. I know that Apple Servers have been slowed on release days of new versions of iOS as well as Microsoft Servers when they release a new Preview of their upcoming OS. It happens, no way you can account for all the people that will download the update. Their servers can handle normal traffic but not the influx of traffic that this update has brought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38